Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have really bad headlights on my 03 v6. The plastic is scratched and worn. What can I do to get brighter headlights?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well you can sand them with something like a 3m or sylvania headlight kit...it's about as good as it gets besides replacing your housings...

as for just making your overall lights brighter...grab some HIDs from here

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

the $30 kit is what i normally run in any of my stangs and i think it looks pretty good...and no i don't get flashed...i have them aligned pretty well i think

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have green head lights believe me I feel your pain

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

I tried to refinish my head light and they looked some what better but then it blurred my head lights

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have really bad headlights on my 03 v6. The plastic is scratched and worn. What can I do to get brighter headlights?
If you are in a jam and need immediate results:
Spray Black Magic Tire Wet onto your headlight plastic lenses.

If you have a few minutes and some elbow grease, use a mild rubbing compound first, then the tire wet spray.
I've had great results with this technique.

Let us know if you try it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
So has anyone tried just sanding them down and putting a couple layers of quality clear on their head light? Cuz I wanna re-do mine and that's how I was gonna go about it.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
So has anyone tried just sanding them down and putting a couple layers of quality clear on their head light? Cuz I wanna re-do mine and that's how I was gonna go about it.
i tried this on a spare set of lights i had. it looked good but it made the light scatter strangely..it was a good quality clear too not a cheap can

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I just wet sand them with 800, 1200, 2000 then hit them with rubbing compound. Wax as you would the car and continue to wax them to prevent further damage.

Never had an issue with blurring or such. Plus...it's legal unlike hid's

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I just wet sand them with 800, 1200, 2000 then hit them with rubbing compound. Wax as you would the car and continue to wax them to prevent further damage.

Never had an issue with blurring or such. Plus...it's legal unlike hid's
yes HIDs are illegal...just like most window tints, and catless exhausts. :good:

however i'm more then happy to run all of those things.

your cleaning method though is the best way to do it. Same grits that come in a cleaning kit. my rubbing compound of choice is meguiars scratch x

1 - 20 of 35 Posts