Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I'm asking for a couple performance mods for Christmas this year and wana know bout how much hp I should be making at the crank (not the wheels). Here's my list including current and Christmas mods...
-Ford Racing cai
-Bama 89 Performance tune
-Accel Super EDIS coil pack
-Pypes polished shorty headers
-Pypes true dual mid muffler exhaust

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not a lot.

Not going to venture a guess, as that'd be pretty speculative. But let me just say, Dynolicious is your friend!

(and even that app is pretty speculative itself)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
maybe close to 250 if the cars held all it's ponies over the years...and that's me giving each mod the higher end of what they claim

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Alright so I'm asking for a couple performance mods for Christmas this year and wana know bout how much hp I should be making at the crank (not the wheels). Here's my list including current and Christmas mods...
-Ford Racing cai
-Bama 89 Performance tune
-Accel Super EDIS coil pack
-Pypes polished shorty headers
-Pypes true dual mid muffler exhaust
08Mustang,

This is definitely a good list of Mods for your Mustang. Judging by your picture I'm assuming you have an 08 V6', if not please correct me!

These mods on an 05-09 V6 will pick up 35+RWHP and 35+RWTQ! This would put you in the 200 to 210 RWHP area. We actually installed a CAI and Bama tune on our V6 project car and caught it on film! Check it out: Mustang JLT Performance Cold Air Intake (05-09 V6) Review - YouTube

-Dan

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AMDanBailer said:
08Mustang,

This is definitely a good list of Mods for your Mustang. Judging by your picture I'm assuming you have an 08 V6', if not please correct me!

These mods on an 05-09 V6 will pick up 35+RWHP and 35+RWTQ! This would put you in the 200 to 210 RWHP area. We actually installed a CAI and Bama tune on our V6 project car and caught it on film! Check it out: Mustang JLT Performance Cold Air Intake (05-09 V6) Review - YouTube

-Dan
Thanks Dan!! And yes I will be ordering all my parts from AM, as usual! And I do have a stack racing throttle body, if that'll affect those numbers??

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Thanks Dan!! And yes I will be ordering all my parts from AM, as usual! And I do have a stack racing throttle body, if that'll affect those numbers??
Of course, It was my pleasure assisting you! Thanks for being such a great and loyal customer to us, we really appreciate it. A throttle body will definitely help in a few different departments once you're tuned. You'll see a big gain in power, torque, drive ability and Throttle response!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
AMDanBailer said:
Of course, It was my pleasure assisting you! Thanks for being such a great and loyal customer to us, we really appreciate it. A throttle body will definitely help in a few different departments once you're tuned. You'll see a big gain in power, torque, drive ability and Throttle response!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

-Dan
Actually I've always wondered about the BBK 70MM throttle body...if there isn't an adapter to mate up to the intake manifold then won't the larger opening of the throttle body just be a bigger hole feeding into a smaller hole which wouldn't be very productive...and sorry that comment meant to say stack racing throttle body SPACER, sorry about that.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Actually I've always wondered about the BBK 70MM throttle body...if there isn't an adapter to mate up to the intake manifold then won't the larger opening of the throttle body just be a bigger hole feeding into a smaller hole which wouldn't be very productive...and sorry that comment meant to say stack racing throttle body SPACER, sorry about that.
Okay, No worries. The Spacer will definitely help get more air in faster. However like you explained your pushing a lot of air into a smaller location, so it can't be used as much as an actual throttle body! You'll still feel/see some improvements though.

-Dan

·
Registered
488 Posts
AMDanBailer said:
Okay, No worries. The Spacer will definitely help get more air in faster. However like you explained your pushing a lot of air into a smaller location, so it can't be used as much as an actual throttle body! You'll still feel/see some improvements though.

-Dan
I have both an it's not crazy noticeable but u will feel it an with a Cai an tune it has a superchargered sound to it :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Rogue Slider said:
The coil pack has been on my build list seems like forever
Not that amazing I got the gms coil pack that claims 18 hp gains but I can notice some gains but idk about 18 but I have notice a big gain In mpg :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts