Mustang Evolution Forum banner

hotchkis x brace vs LS tranny cooling scoop??

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  GrabberBlue5.0 
#1 ·
Which one of the two would you guys go with. The x brace is to stiffen up the chassis and the scoop is to cool the tranny at the track. I can only install one.

#4 · (Edited)
I lived in Cocoa Beach for a while and know how hot it is there in Florida year round, i'd go for the transmission cooler/scoop. Have you looked at the BOSS 302 oil cooler? If not, i'd look into that as well, it'll bolt righ on to our GT cars, and is proven to drop oil temps by 20-30 degrees.
Check it out here Ford Racing BOSS 302S Mustang Engine Oil Cooler (11-13 GT) M-6642-MB - Free Shipping!

I just ordered the transmission cooler after a lot of research. Shelby carries one that is very similar to the one made by Ford Racing. They are about the same price, and the Shelby comes unpainted (and rough looking for $50 less) or in blue powdercoat. The difference between them is the Shelby leaves clearance to the oil drain plug to change the oil without having to remove it every time like you would need to with the Ford Racing one.
Shelby Shelby American Transmission Cooler Scoop
Ford Racing http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-trans-cooler-scoop-1113gt.html

#5 ·
I lived in Cocoa Beach for a while and know how hot it is there in Florida year round, i'd go for the transmission cooler/scoop. Have you looked at the BOSS 302 oil cooler? If not, i'd look into that as well, it'll bolt righ on to our GT cars, and is proven to drop oil temps by 20-30 degrees.
Check it out here Ford Racing BOSS 302S Mustang Engine Oil Cooler (11-13 GT) M-6642-MB - Free Shipping!

I just ordered the transmission cooler after a lot of research. Shelby carries one that is very similar to the one made by Ford Racing. They are about the same price, and the Shelby comes unpainted (and rough looking for $50 less) or in blue powdercoat. The difference between them is the Shelby leaves clearance to the oil drain plug to change the oil without having to remove it every time like you would need to with the Ford Racing one.
Shelby Shelby American Transmission Cooler Scoop
Ford Racing
I have the track pack so it comes with the boss 302 radiator and the oil coolant. I think the oil coolant is a MUST in florida, no matter how hard i drive it the oil temp would stay the same even at the track.

Yea the shelby looks like it is the one to go with..Thanks!!

#6 ·
I completely agree, that oil cooler is worth its weight in gold and will make the engine last way longer than without it.

Glad to help, just wanted to share my info after spending a lot of time reading and researching, it was the way to go for me. I happened across another forum where someone had run into the clearance issues changing oil with the Ford Racing scoop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.