Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my RGR stage 1 upper intake and I want to get it polished like Corey has his (DangerDude)...I LOVE THAT LOOK SOOO MUCH and it compliments the other small chromeparts i have in the engine as well...I think it will do MUCH MUCH better at car shows with it to.

Should I take it off andhave the car down until I get it polished or get RGR to make it for me and sell my stage 1upper to people?

about how much do you think it will run? and how long will it take? Hell I may do the vortech unit too if its a good price

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
To polish? It's easy. All your doing is grinding the paint off and then going to finer grits till your around 2,000. That gives it the shine.

Corey aslo has the center part powdercoated.

And I don't know if RGR has been around lately. :-?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow....yeah corey's looks amazing, i think that is what my engine is missing to grab more attention...i don't have the time to do it myself as its my only car..and i have to get to work and to class and back everyday.

I emailed RGR but he hasn't gotten back to me for a bit :( :|

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here is a sample of what Bead Blasting and Polishing can do for appearance sake...

Corey Bead Blasted the Shaker on our Mach1, and then he High Polished it, which ended looking almost like it was Chromed.

Heres a pic you can look at....

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
OK here it is in a nutshell My stage 3 Upper is RGR's but he did not polish the outside. I bought it from Danny Baker he had it done. I can polish it or have a friend polish it but it will be around $100-150. Polishing things with recesses is a PITA and takes time. I shorten the time by bead blasting but the polishing part takes a while.

I am currently polishing my new Lower intake that came P&P matched to the BV heads I received from Mikael a couple of weeks ago. The lower will be a severe PITA do to all of the recessed areas.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks DOM its been a work in progress since we got that car too, dont know why the pic didnt come over to the thread must have been with the move to the new forum...

Been wanting to get it into a magazine with a article write up aswell *COUGH COUGH* like someone else has....just have to sit down and write one up and snail mail the pics in, since it seems they dont accept emails or anything.

*** ADDED PICS ***

·
Registered
800 Posts
Autobadges said:
come on corey been waiting bro!

Good luck on getting a reply, he is very busy man!

I sent him a PM on our clubs forum and have since not seen a reply back from or seen him join over there...

but corey does have a lot going on his life right now, so its hard to tell his schedule either.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Danger Dude said:
OK here it is in a nutshell My stage 3 Upper is RGR's but he did not polish the outside. I bought it from Danny Baker he had it done. I can polish it or have a friend polish it but it will be around $100-150. Polishing things with recesses is a PITA and takes time. I shorten the time by bead blasting but the polishing part takes a while.

I am currently polishing my new Lower intake that came P&P matched to the BV heads I received from Mikael a couple of weeks ago. The lower will be a severe PITA do to all of the recessed areas.

corey dude where are you?? been emailing you and PM'ing you for a while and nada? need that upper polished buddy!!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Smokedya95stang said:
corey, did u buy your own blasting cabinet?

I was thinking about buying one for my garage.
NO I take it to work and beadblast them after hours. These are huge industrial units they are quite nice. I have one that is less than 50ft from my office.

Sand blasting is OK for steel but it will etch and rip aluminum. The Bead blasting I use is tiny glass bead or plastic bead

Erick I have sent you a PM!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts