Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel economy is definitely not one of the Mustang's strongest points. Besides keeping tires inflated, avoiding rapid acceleration, driving at a reasonable speed, and having routine maintenance, what else can I do to increase its fuel efficiency? (Electronic methods and tuners would be one avenue I would consider.)
Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know why you're complaining. The V6 Mustang offers pretty decent fuel mileage IMO. I have a 03 GT with a Kenne Bell blower as my daily driver, I get about 18 around town about 22 on the highway, which is pretty frugal in my book. My Bronco struggles to get 9 or 10 MPG in around town, and is good for about 12 on the highway.

You should be getting 16-24 MPG with your car. Which isn't bad for a vehicle with a four liter engine. Gas is cheap. Even when it was $4 a gallon it was still cheap compared to what it costs in other places.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those V6 fords have always been thirsy engines. Unless you can always be hypermiling, you're stuck with it the way it is. Increase fuel economy by any means will result in a performance sacrifice. You cannot have it both ways with that engine. Power comes from fuel. More power comes from more fuel. That's the Ameican way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts