Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 base mustang, although it is a base edition, I like it very much. Now I want to upgrade its wheels.
Now the size of the wheel is 17 , and I want 19 wheels.
Could you give me a suggestion?
If I upgrade 4 wheels together with the tires, approximately how much will I cost?
Where can I buy the wheels and tires?
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
you can get a complete set from AM for about 1600 dollars, you could ge tthe 6 percent discount if you get 50 posts on here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrefire said:
you can get a complete set from AM for about 1600 dollars, you could ge tthe 6 percent discount if you get 50 posts on here.
Thank you! I also visited American Muscle.
There are about 1400 dollars include all wheels and tires.
But how can I put all the parts on my car? I can not do it.
And if I change all the wheels, do I need to change other parts such as brakes?

·
Registered
681 Posts
alrefire said:
Or military discount. Call first.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
conan01405 said:
Thank you! I also visited American Muscle.
There are about 1400 dollars include all wheels and tires.
But how can I put all the parts on my car? I can not do it.
And if I change all the wheels, do I need to change other parts such as brakes?
I can tell you're pretty new, but don't worry, you'll get the hang of modding.
You just need a torque wrench and a jack and 2 jack stands.
You don't have I replace anything.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Cruelly, I'm not gonna lie.

I started out illiterate
I couldn't put in a CAI
Grab a fiend that knows what they're doing and have them help you. You'll learn a lot of useful skills

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

*honestly

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrefire said:
I can tell you're pretty new, but don't worry, you'll get the hang of modding.
You just need a torque wrench and a jack and 2 jack stands.
You don't have I replace anything.
You are right! To be honest, I am a student from china.
But I like mustang!
I really do not know how to do these things... So just now I am thinking to find a auto store here to help me do these things...
You mean I can replace the tires and wheels by myself? That's a big challenge for me....now we even do not have a garage...

·
Registered
607 Posts
It's real easy just have a flat surface that you can put the car on jack stands with. Remove the old wheels with a lug wrench. There will be a little washer on one of the lugs remove that as well. Put new wheels on put your new lug nuts on and using your torque wrench torque them to 100 ft lbs. you will hear a click from the torque wrench if you set it to 100 ft lbs. drive 50 miles and check them again with your torque wrench. Easy as that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You have two options, the first is going to American Muscle like suggested and buy a wheel and tire combo then take your car and your new wheels to a tire shop to be installed. I would suggest doing it with a friend like alrefire said because changing a tire is a good skill to have and its easy to learn. Your second option is to find a local wheel shop that does good work (look for online reviews and ask a friend) and buy new wheels and tires there. If you go that rout they will install them for you but they will probably be more expensive as well... but really, you should be able to do this with a friend that knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fordfan100 said:
It's real easy just have a flat surface that you can put the car on jack stands with. Remove the old wheels with a lug wrench. There will be a little washer on one of the lugs remove that as well. Put new wheels on put your new lug nuts on and using your torque wrench torque them to 100 ft lbs. you will hear a click from the torque wrench if you set it to 100 ft lbs. drive 50 miles and check them again with your torque wrench. Easy as that.
Sounds good! But I have no experience on repairing cars...and I also do not have the tools.
And what about the tire pressures? Do I need to fill air in the tires before I add them on? Or after I add them?
Thank you! I like this forum!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
conan01405 said:
Sounds good! But I have no experience on repairing cars...and I also do not have the tools.
And what about the tire pressures? Do I need to fill air in the tires before I add them on? Or after I add them?
Thank you! I like this forum!
I think they come filled from Am
But you will need a tpms syncing tool as well

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rebeltx said:
You have two options, the first is going to American Muscle like suggested and buy a wheel and tire combo then take your car and your new wheels to a tire shop to be installed. I would suggest doing it with a friend like alrefire said because changing a tire is a good skill to have and its easy to learn. Your second option is to find a local wheel shop that does good work (look for online reviews and ask a friend) and buy new wheels and tires there. If you go that rout they will install them for you but they will probably be more expensive as well... but really, you should be able to do this with a friend that knows what he is doing.
I like your first suggestion because I want to save money to buy more foods,haha.
I also want to do it with my friends because I want to learn how to replace wheels and tires!
Unfortunately...I do not have a friend like alrefire... My friends they do not familiar with repairing cars and we do not have tools...
Tomorrow I will have a exam, now I have to study!
I will check this post later!
Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

alrefire said:
I think they come filled from Am
But you will need a tpms syncing tool as well
I need so many tools...now I only have a screwdriver...+_+

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Haha it's fine, find a friend that has one.

Only thing I have is a torque wrench :p
If I need jacks I go to my friend
Or if I need an exhaust cutter I go to autozone :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alrefire said:
Haha it's fine, find a friend that has one.

Only thing I have is a torque wrench :p
If I need jacks I go to my friend
Or if I need an exhaust cutter I go to autozone :p
I think I have already find a friend who has a jack!
It is surprising that he has one!
But these days I was busy so I did not check the information online.
My friend told me that if I want to change the wheel and tire I must know the data of my car.
He told me that he was afraid that if I change a bigger wheel and tire, when I am drive on a road which is not flat, because of the shake on the vertical direction, the new wheels and tires will hit the fender of my car....
Do I need to consider this problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alrefire said:
What size tire are you getting?
Good morning Alrefire! Now the tire is 17 and I want 19.
I think it should be fine because on AM it says that the tire and wheel fit all mustang, that would include 2010 base, is that right?

·
Registered
278 Posts
conan01405 said:
Good morning Alrefire! Now the tire is 17 and I want 19.
I think it should be fine because on AM it says that the tire and wheel fit all mustang, that would include 2010 base, is that right?
AM is pretty damn good at making sure a part will fit. If they advertise it will fit 2010 mustangs, then it will. Unless you have done something like lowered your car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dub9stang said:
AM is pretty damn good at making sure a part will fit. If they advertise it will fit 2010 mustangs, then it will. Unless you have done something like lowered your car.
Pretty damn good...a new word for me...that means it is very good?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts