Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone! ive been wanting tomake my stang sound louder..with a more agrresive sound! any help on wat i beed to acomplish diz? with out having to brake my bank!
n i knw a v6 wont sound as good but still want to make it sound louder!
thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
louder != better in all cases, making it louder will sacrifice sound quality after you do any more than GT take off mufflers.

removing the mufflers all together or the cats will make it louder for sure. Turning down the exhaust under the car right past the mufflers to point it towards the ground will make it even louder

·
Banned
365 Posts
new mufflers will help but in the end until you trade your V6 in for a V8 it won't ever be that loud...as someone I know stated "eight cats on a fence are louder than six"...
wow that's retarded....yes my GT was way louder then my v6...however it is more then enough for the person next to me to hear it....god some of you annoy me with your logic

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe I should go get a good video of the 4" exhaust on my car... lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
If your still running cats try 1 slp loudmouth 1 muffler. U can always swap your midpipe too, no cats= loud

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

I don't reccomend no cats with slp mufflers tho. Too damn loud...

·
Banned
177 Posts
If your still running cats try 1 slp loudmouth 1 muffler. U can always swap your midpipe too, no cats= loud

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

I don't reccomend no cats with slp mufflers tho. Too damn loud...
Please do not do this ^

Sir, no offense ...
well
Anyways, if your not going to use a turbo or prochamber, then you need to get a flowmaster 40 or simular CHAMBERED muffler to make it sound decent.

Fart cans can make it loud but thats just ... well ... yeah

·
Registered
317 Posts
SenorMike said:
Please do not do this ^

Sir, no offense ...
well
Anyways, if your not going to use a turbo or prochamber, then you need to get a flowmaster 40 or simular CHAMBERED muffler to make it sound decent.

Fart cans can make it loud but thats just ... well ... yeah
Do what pal? Actually, i had loudmouth mufflers on my stock 99 gt exhuast and it sounded great. I hate the fart can sound. Flowmasters sound like poop. So there you go.

This guy asked how to make his car louder. I'm giving my own personal experience and advise.

Try searching youtube, there might be a specific sound you like.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do what pal? Actually, i had loudmouth mufflers on my stock 99 gt exhuast and it sounded great. I hate the fart can sound. Flowmasters sound like poop. So there you go.

This guy asked how to make his car louder. I'm giving my own personal experience and advise.

Try searching youtube, there might be a specific sound you like.
they might sound good on a gt, on a sixxer its a whole other story

1 - 20 of 30 Posts