Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I check to see if my alternator, AC condensor and power steering pump are working good?

Okay I am rebuilding a 1965 Mustang, I pulled the alternatore, ac condensor and power steering pump off, but how do i actually check them to make sure they work, the car has been sitting since 1985, and cranking the engine up and checking it that will not work, any ideas? Also how hard is it to rebuild these items if they are bad?

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do I check to see if my alternator, AC condensor and power steering pump are working good?

sometimes easier and cheaper just to replace. the a/c compressor that you took off will be have to be refilled with r12 (which is pricey as hell) or retrofitted with r134a (which is also pricey as hell), the p/s pump, well just run it and see if it works and if it leaks, and the alternator you can take to just about any autoparts store and they can check it for free.

·
Registered
42 Posts

You can take the Alternater to a parts store and have it tested , as for the other 2 , you cant the condensor needs to be inline with the system to check for operation and leaks , as with the power steering .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts