Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1997 v6 mustang (auto) i was wonder what part or what do i have to do to get both tires to spin when i do a burn?? b/c only the right one does

·
Registered
38 Posts
You have what is called an"open" rear differential. That means there is only one path of torque and it will only turn one wheel dominately. You would have to change the differential to a "locker" style differential to get both tires to spin. There is a clutch or mechanical locking device in these types of rear differentials.. This upgrade can be kinda pricey ($600.00 to $900.00) parts and labor... May not be worth the effort...especially since you only have a V6. Chances are that once you had a locker you wouldn't be able to spin either of the rear tires...LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your car don't have pose traction gears, you have limited slip and they pull with the right rear time first, you can try to slightly hold the brake down to make the rear brakes grab but its unlikely it will work, its sort of like trying to get out of a mud hole with the right wheel. By holding the brake it will cause the left wheel to grab. By the way if you brake the rear gears there expensive to replace. Good Luck and God Bless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts