Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tools and cleaners do you suggest to clean your engine and how to go about doing without hurting anything under the hood....

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I use Grease Lightning on everything in the egine bay except anything that is Polished aluminum. I use a mix of 50% GL and 50% water in a spray bottle Leave it on for maybe 5-10 min then rinse off. It comes in a gallon container and is 1/5 the price of Simple Green. You will not need to wipe much off Grease lightning lifts most grime unless it is caked on.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
you gotta cover anything up when youre spraying the engine? Or is there anything really that cant get wet?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
at work we use a "special" cleaner, haha and a power washer... only on chevys and hondas we worrie about getting things wet, a mustang is ok to wash just to go puttin 100 gal of water on there and make sure your engine is cool,

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i really need to clean my engine... i should probably be careful of all my nitrous wiring though

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
keep the area in red dry for the most part. if its under the hood it can get wet to a point.. ZIM, yeah aftermarket wires should be kept dry, same with your power wires for AMPS and what not..

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i clean it all by hand its not hard really it doesnt get in the cracks and all that good but i dont like putting water on the motor or what not......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts