Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i own a 94 v6 mustang and was wondering how do i get both rear wheels to spin when i burn out or what parts is needed to increase torque like maximum torque cause i wanna be able to do donuts like a gt mustang

·
Registered
941 Posts
there's a part called a traction lock that acts as a clutch that will spin both wheels when the right one starts to slip. you can get them for 150 or less new but the install will be nearly as much unless you know people. if you do go for it and get it, go ahead and get some more acceleration by getting some 3.73 or 4.10 gears. you have 2.73:1 ratio now fyi.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
this belongs in drivetrain, but i dont have the power to move it....

you need a traction-lok, or t-lok. only one of your wheels will spin without it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
if you're gonna put that in, you might as well get gears at the same time...and if you're gonna get gears go ahead an get a gt rear end, and while you're at it...just transplant the gt drivetrain over....nah i just kidding. I would get the gears while i was at it though

·
Registered
8 Posts
do the 94 - 95 mustang gt wheels have the wheel lock already installed? i never have trouble with traction cept in the rain and my tires are bald as a freshlt shaved pu***.. :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
blue gt, the wheels don't hold the traction lock. the tlok is located inside the pumpkin of the rear differential, in the center where it's fat between the wheels.

QUOTE=Shahrum]I think all 94-04 v6's have a t-lok... just not one as good as the GT's.[/QUOTE]
nah, no v6's ever have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was searching the internet to try and find the cheapest priced gears and t-lok. I looked at rpmoutlet.com and they advertise that you need to get a modified cross-shaft as well. http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6fordgear.htm I haven't seen anybody else mention that here or advertised on any other web site. Can anybody help explain that?

Also curious if there is a difference between the Richmond gears and the Ford Racing gears?

·
Registered
941 Posts
they both work alright, but ford's quality is better (believe it or not) and richmonds will tend to whine even if installed correctly. i thought about getting richmond 3.90:1's instead of ford 4.10's, but decided against it. (ford doesn't offer a 3.90)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
:cool: :cool: I had a set of US Gear gears, they worked great, and didn't make noise at all, but they wound up costing me extra labor cause the guy had to take it apart and modify some kind of pins to make it work, better to stick with FMS gears. They fit right and work right every time. If you have lots of miles, say 40K plus even, go ahead and replace all the bearings and seals and all in there, you will be glad you did, less problems later on. Oh, by the way, www.differentials.com, or www.gefracing.com are good places for the parts man. Another good option is to replace it with an 8.8 rear end with the gear ratio you want in there they all have the trac loc. You can get one from www.speedconcepts.net I believe. Good Luck!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all your advice guys , but also another question see ive driven a v6 and a gt and i was wondering why does it always in a gt feel like its pushin in the back like the power is coming from the back more than a v6 like is it cause of the power difference..and if i have a 250 hp v6 will it feel the same as a gt or what parts do i have to change

·
Registered
4 Posts
The extra 70 HP a GT has makes and 2 more cylinders a large difference. When you swap your gears out you won’t notice it as much.

I picked up some 3.73's and t-lok from GEFRacing and I say they are worth it

·
Registered
126 Posts
dude phantom your burnout there in the pic looks like you just let off of a brakestand while still holding the gas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
just got my 4.10 w/ t-lok installed in my 95 with auto trans....it's a v6....

it will now spin both tires ....and goes from zero to 60 faster..the traction-lock works very well......

and I'm digg'n it.....ricers beware....

:cool: ............!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Does anybody know what that modified cross shaft is for?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts