Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a classic mustang that was involved in an accident long ago. The title has been marked Totalled / Reconstructed. The vehicle has since been completely rebuilt and there is absolutely no remainder of the damage that was there. There no welding on the frame, all of the parts have been completely replaced (it's basically a new car). Is there a way to apply with the DMV to remove the brand in this instance? or is it stuck with it forever no matter what even though i've basically turned it into a new car? Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does not matter... you will always have a salvaged title now, there is nothing you can do. Thing is, the title is also a certification from the manufacturer that the car was built to a certain standard... safety, emissions, etc... and because you have no way to prove, nor DMV have process for you to prove otherwise... you get stuck with that ugly title forever! Sorry!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry, but your car is branded as that. It makes little difference if you plan on holding on the car, except insurance might be a little harder to get. But if you sell it, many buyers will stay away, even if it has been totally restored. It's always best to start with a vehicle with a clean title if you plan to restore a car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
depends on state in some you can call what is called motor vechile officer he will evaluare your car and change title if you have all recipts etc other states are easyier you can get use car dealer buddy to get by using title service you need recipts and statement that was mistake on title you need to make some calls or talk to used car buddy as he will need to know what you want this not unusal promblem need more info to help more

·
Registered
43 Posts
your probably stuck with a salvage title.........I mean you can bend the rules some but your gonna have to buy another mustang with a good title same year and switch the bodies out........ messing with vin #,s is a state and fed crime

·
Registered
43 Posts
dont know about your country but in the UK once a car has been classed as a write off, repaired you cannot ever get that changed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts