Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a honeycomb decklid panel on my car, i have purchased a sve decklid and i was wondering how to take off the honeycomb without damaging it. I have a friend that is going to buy it off me, i allready have the double sided tape to replace it with.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I currently have a honeycomb decklid panel on my car, i have purchased a sve decklid and i was wondering how to take off the honeycomb without damaging it. I have a friend that is going to buy it off me, i allready have the double sided tape to replace it with.
I took mine off my v6 before I sold it. I simply started at the bottom corner with fishing line and worked my way around. The biggest pain was getting the old tape off the trunk, which goo gone fixed with a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
246 Posts
o8gt - you have any luck with this? I'm trying to get this moronic hoodscoop off of mine and the fishing line keeps breaking.

Anyone try dental floss?? Think the wax coating could help?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
o8gt - you have any luck with this? I'm trying to get this moronic hoodscoop off of mine and the fishing line keeps breaking.

Anyone try dental floss?? Think the wax coating could help?
It's probably a light test line. Gets some heavy test fishing line and it should work. I doubt dental floss will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts