Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting close for me to store my Stang away for the winter just was wanting to know how everyone goes about it step by step.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Though our weather isn't "bad" out here. I always detail inside out real well, then put the car cover over it then check up on it every other day to see if dust is building up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
37 Posts
Give it a good wash. Drive to the storage facility. Throw a cover in top. Probably should disconnect the battery but I don't think it's necessary

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Good cleaning, i usually change oil then change it again in the spring, fill up the gas tank or use stabil, battery tender, car cover, and wait out the winter.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Their not sitting that long so no need to go over board really

·
Registered
180 Posts
I stored mine for one year when I lived in MN. Fill up the tank and put in Stabil. Get a battery tender to keep the battery charged. Mine was in my garage so I started it every couple of week and let it run for 15 minutes, more just to hear it than anything else. I purchased a top of the line car cover, for indoor use only. and still have it if you are interested in buying one, it's like new.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I live in Cali where it's sunny almost year round lol. I keep it stored though. It's my second car and I don't get to drive as much as i'd like to. But it sure looks great in the garage lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
252 Posts
Clean her up real good inside and out...some dryer sheets on the inside to keep critters out and disconnect the negative battery cable only. You won't have any issues and I live in the cold wasreland that is upstate NY.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I moved to Florida... Solved my storing issues I had in Michigan lol

Sent from Rapinators trunk
Best recommendation so far. Screw Mi weather! Good choice!

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
what I do for 3/4 months detached unheated in CT

put in Stabil (use the funnel!!!) than add premium to full. run for minimum of 10 minutes to distribute.
Clean car
I park on folded up cardboard with 5 extra psi. Flat spots are more from the past but easy/free
cover cowl intake and exhaust with painters tape (critters)
either a commercially available "Mouse Magic" or what I do is cotton balls with a mix of spearmint/peppermint oil (same as MM) replaced 1x month
leave hand brake off
either a battery tender or charge for a few hrs 1x month
I pull fuel pump relay/fuse before starting after storage to prime oil pump (I do NOT start during storage.
your OLM will count time during storage remember this and change oil accordingly. if it'll need it in January I would change it now.
cover it.

Make vroom vroom noises for 6 months.

most of this is not important but stable and battery are. Others won't do anything, others will drive all winter.

you can skip the part about the funnel, I just copied/pasted from another thread....also I wash beforehand and cover it with a Burge cover from WallyMart <$75 made in USA.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,187 Posts
Dang man, I thought you sold your newedge a year or more ago. Glad you still have it! I may have to put min in hibernation because we've had bad winters for the past few years here in Indy. I'm sure you can relate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts