Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THere's a used tuner on Craigslist for $150 how would I get it to work if I bought it? It's just the regular sct one everyone gets

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You'll have to activate it and sign up for the tunes from bamma. It's $150 for that.

I got mine used

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
If it's not currently married/locked to a vehicle, all you need to do is activate it/load it with tunes through Bama or another tuning company. If it is locked, then you've gotta pay SCT to unlock it, THEN pay for the tunes for your car.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
THere's a used tuner on Craigslist for $150 how would I get it to work if I bought it? It's just the regular sct one everyone gets

NicholasP,

Make sure you verify with the seller that the tuner is unlocked, other wise it's not worth buying one used. If the tuner is locked, you'll need to contact SCT and have them unlock it for a $150 fee. Then in order to get into our Bama Free Tunes for Life program, you can be enrolled on our AM website for $150. This Brings you to $450 total if the tuner is locked, when you could buy a brand new one for $379 at AM that we'll stand behind if there's any issues.

Now if the tuner is unlocked, you're looking at a $300 total, including Bama Free Tunes for Life. So in that case it's useful, but not being guaranteed to work which is not something I personally would want to spend that much money on.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts