Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M going to be replacing my head unit soon in my 11 v6 I have the shaker 500 will replacing the head unit twice the quality of the sound? What is the shaker 500 exactly? I know the 1000 has the subs in the back

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I wrote down on here somewhere, and I can't find it.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

That's not to say I can't but I gotta take the dog to the vet.. So I'll find it when I get back home give me 2-3 hours.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
it used to be based on the Watts (mach 460 = 460 Watts which is BIG TIME!)

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
SpectorV said:
it used to be based on the Watts (mach 460 = 460 Watts which is BIG TIME!)
It still is..

The options when purchased are Ford Audio not sure how many watts, Shaker 500 and 1,000

Ford Audio comes with I guess 4 or 6 speakers no sub.

Shaker 500 is a 500 watt audio system powering the two in door subs (bottom of both front doors), it consists of 4 speakers, 2 x 2 way speakers in each door, a low range, and a high range speaker all in one cone, lastly, in the rear it features 2 regular speakers on each side. This gives you a grand total of 6 speakers + 2 Subs or in Ford marketing terms 8 speakers total.

The Shaker 1K I believe includes the same amount of speakers, but in addition adds a trunk mounted subwoofer with an amp.

Out of curiosity a few years ago, I asked about converting a 500 to a 1K, I was told it was not possible due to a different wiring harness.

I've read on the net where people have switched them out, but overall I heard it's not worth it.

The best upgrade, I know, and have heard of from the 500 is to switch to an LCD head unit.

The Pioneer App Radio is one to consider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts