Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have had my 3:73's on my 96 for almost a year now, but I was just wondering how fast I am 'really' going since the speedometer is not exactly accurate. I already have the Steeda Speedo-gear to recalibrate it, but I heard that it is still not accurate. How much faster am I really going? I thought that this could be corrected by a chip, but on the pre 99's, the speedo-gear is the only thing you can do I guess....anyone know my actual speed? -a1

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
see my post on 3.8, but roughly 2% off. not much at all

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah with 3.73's and the proper speedo gear it is probably 2-3% off. Nothing to worry about.

i know my 4.10's and 23 tooth speedo gear are about 4-5mph off.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
lol, with my 4.10s and 23 tooth speedo gear when im doing 75 it says 87 :|

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
could they have possibly NOT put my speedo gear in??? **** i never thought about that, mine seems really far off still...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
nah, mine was always about 10mph off w/ my 4.10s

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
youre fine then. just keep it about the speedlimit on the highways to avoid as many of those 'phantom' miles as possible

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I am going to check with Mopar parts one of these days. I read about a 25 tooth speedo gear they sell that fits into our car. If it is true all of you with 4.10 would sure be alot closer to true speed

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Danger Dude said:
I am going to check with Mopar parts one of these days. I read about a 25 tooth speedo gear they sell that fits into our car. If it is true all of you with 4.10 would sure be alot closer to true speed

i tried to get one a while ago, and its not the right size. its like an inch and a half in diameter. but check to see if your mopar people know more about speedogears than mine did (cause mine were idiots)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Depends on the year of the trans for MoPar.

I think the later ones, 78 and up are similar to the pictures I see of the Mustang ones.

Hmm, I have an 87 Dodge and a 96 Mustang, too bad I just changed the fluid in the Mustang or I'd pull them and see.

Steve

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i just need to do a 5 speed swap then get that speed cal thing from dallas mustangs... that would solve all my problems :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts