Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They got a sale at a store near here. It's 2 10" MTX Thunder4000 8-Ohm Subwoofers and 10" Dual-Sealed Speaker Enclosure.

• 200-Watts RMS/400-Watts Peak
    Folded Window Steel Frame
    27oz. Strontium-Ferrrite Magnet
    Dark Grey Aviation Carpet
    High Density Carpet[/list:u]

MTX 2-Channel Power Amplifier
    Thunder 4122

They didn't give any wattage. The subs and box are all for $99 bucks and the amp is for $149. I know nothing about systems. Seems like a good deal. I know it won't be like this one guys Trans Am with 3 15" Kicker CompVRs, but still. I just wanna be heard.

·
11,873 Posts
You wont be heard much with that set up ;)

MTX is not that great of a sub/amp maker imo. Those subs are weak.

How much you looking at spending? Because I think you will be disappointed with that set up

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
dont go with MTX 4000's (10's) you will blow them real quick, BUT I have dual 12's (MTX 4000's) with a Soundstream 300 watt amp and it sounds good. ? BTW i have seen your post, what did find some money on the side of the street??? if so send some my way! :headbang:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
thats not alot of watts, if you wanna do it go for it....I got Type R's 300RMS/1000Peak I Love em

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Tens are fine, just look for Higher watts Subs Alpine Type Rs, Kicker CompVR and two very good subs, I get looks all the time when I drive threw town, my subs are really loud, Running a 600 JBL Amp

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
If he is looking for Subs he needs a Mono amp not a 2 channel

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The stock sound systems sound good, [I know, only four 6x8s.] but I want a little more thump. I don't want to be outrageous. I just want it to sound good inside and to be heard real close to the car outside.

I'm also looking for a real clean setup like Evals.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The farthest I heard my car from when I let my friend drive it was 4 blocks away :D and these block have 4- 6 houses each on em.

·
11,873 Posts
I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The stock sound systems sound good, [I know, only four 6x8s.] but I want a little more thump. I don't want to be outrageous. I just want it to sound good inside and to be heard real close to the car outside.

Hey man hit me up on AIM: a232stang

I will be glad to help you pick something out in your budget range

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yea Brent knows his stuff.....and Brent I am in process of "Newer System" for the next car....got it all planned out :D

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yes I am and Yes the amp is 699 but the other on is 478 sooooo Ill show u when ur on aim

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brent said:

Hey man hit me up on AIM: a232stang

I will be glad to help you pick something out in your budget range
I will the next time i see you online.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'm kinda selling the system out of my car. It's a pioneer deh-p6400 cd player, 2 pioneer VCCS dual voice coil 12's, and a Legacy 1200 watt 4 channel amp. Sounds good and I always get good comments on the looks of it. Check out my cardomain site to see pics of it. I'm not sure on a price yet and the speakers have to be sold with the amp. But anyways, just getting a little publicity on it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha yeh, it's pretty nice. I'm not sure if I want to sell it or not, I really want the premier version of it so I can control the sub without turning off my rear speakers.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Why not get a real headunit and buy a an alpine :D
Seriously though Ive owned 3 alpine headunits and they let me control everything at the time I had two 12 JLw6v2 amped by 2 JL 500 amps. I loved that system. To bad dumb mofos gotta be stealin ****.

Dom I say get rid of the back seat install 2 13.5 Jl W7s powered by 2 1000 amps and get some Boston Accoustic Z6s powered by 350/2 and call it a day :D :headbang:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Alpine CDA-9815 is where its at :headbang: :headbang:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts