Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How hard is it to insatall shortie heders.

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  rick9550 
#1 ·
I want to put bbk shortie headers on. Do I need to loosen the engine mounts? Also will the shorties match up to the bbk x pipe I have on it now to the stock exhaust manifold. Are bbk shorties and bbk equal length headers short he same thing?

#2 ·
If you have a 94 gt your car comes with short headers not an exhaust manifold. But hopefully these will still show some gain. And yea Iam thinking they would match up just fine especially because they are the same brand.

#6 ·
On a 94? If keeping the EGR, make sure your new ones have the bung for it. After that its as simple as removing the H pipe and using a lot of 4 letter words as you work in the cramped space to get the header bolts out. It isn't too bad though, the F body guys laugh when a 5.0 Mustang guy complains about room in the engine bay haha.

Word of advice, pony up and buy ARP header studs vs bolts. They hold the torque MUCH better and make installing the gasket and the headers a bazillion times easier. There is a reason Ford went to studs in 96...

#7 ·
Shortys are easier to instal than equal length. I did not have to lift the engine in my 95 installing bassani equal length but they were a pain in the a$$.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Shortys are easier to instal than equal length. I did not have to lift the engine in my 95 installing bassani equal length but they were a pain in the a$$.
Just saw you did shortys lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.