Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v6 mustang and i love my new sound. I want more to it tho. And i was thinking longtube headers. I have 2 questions.
1: which should i buy? I have an automatic trany.
2 how hard are they to install? And do you have to take the motor out?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You don't need the motor out but you need a shorter mid pipe. Also welding is a good idea. Mac or pacesetter have longtubes

·
Registered
621 Posts
They ask when you order manual or auto. I heard one you can put in from the bottom and I think it's the passenger side has to go in from the top. If they don't give you new hardware, buy some quality hardware. Also to help cut down under hood temps wrap you headers. Other people might argue about wrapping but every little bit helps.

·
Registered
835 Posts
well since it's easier to put short tube headers on while the engines in the car I'd imagine it'd be the same with long tubes.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I installed a set of pacesetter long tunes yesterday on my buddy's car, just taking our time missing tools and a couple trips to town with breaks 9 hours lol we were in no rush by any means, had to lift the motor up about 1.5" to get passenger side in (undo the 21mm nuts, one on each side, for the motor mounts and it lifts up easy) an extra set of hands does wonders when trying to line things up

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Duncaan said:
Hey Davecse, did u have to remove any suspension parts when installing them or just lift the engine up?
Have to undo the steering shaft and push it to side for drivers side, otherwise no

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Blackedout said:
Well i decided that i will get longtube headers. I ordered them today. Do they make a difference?
Nothing dramatic, a nice exhaust tone change and a couple hp/tq

1 - 11 of 11 Posts