Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard it was hard to replace the gauge face plates. Is that true? How do you do it? I found some nice looking ones with flames and want to change it but if its to hard I dont want to try and possibly mess something up.

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Its not hard just be careful with installing it as you would do anything else. I dont have directions but someone else can provide those

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, I've done this 1,000 X's....Take off the first two screws under the top of the gauge surrounding, then pop off the headlight switch....just pull...then pop it off...becareful not to break...just pull evenly!, then use a "torx" bit drive to unscrew a few surrounding torx screws around the casing, then it pops out...un-do the back 2 connector harnesses and Wha-La! Take out a few more screws off of that cluster piece and it comes apart in 2 pieces...place the new gauge faces over the existing....hook up some wires if they're indiglo...yuo'll know the rest, n then just back-track to replace....it's a sinch, just dont go cutting anything or pulling like the incredible Hulk on some little plastic pieces and you'll be fine! e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any Q's!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts