Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my magnaflow o/r x pipe wondering if I would be better off installing myself or just taking it to the shop input greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
8,077 Posts
It's preety easy, should take about an hour for you're first time. A shop will prob charge you around 100$. Basic hand tools and a jack is all you need

·
Registered
393 Posts
Super easy! Only tough part(really more annoying than tough)is one of the passenger side bolts is a ***** to get at. Gotta go through the engine compartment and have plenty if extension and I used a swivel socket.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
MustangForEver said:
Okay thanks for the tips gona do it myself when i get home
That's what you'll have to do. In my state, I'm sure most states, It's a $10,000 fine for a shop to remove the cats.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Super easy! Only tough part(really more annoying than tough)is one of the passenger side bolts is a ***** to get at. Gotta go through the engine compartment and have plenty if extension and I used a swivel socket.
+1 couldn't get that **** off for a few hours. (Mine was o/r h, but basically same install) Ended up having to take it to a mechanic buddy of mine. He did it for $40.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
MustangForEver said:
I have A friend whos a mechanic so im lucky there but ya its definitely illegal here
In that case, pay your buddy a few bucks and be done with it in 20min.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
That's what you'll have to do. In my state, I'm sure most states, It's a $10,000 fine for a shop to remove the cats.
if you live in a state without emissions testing, they really could careless. A few shops will, but most will do it without a second thought. Also if you live in a state with testing, they can have you sign a waver saying the car is going to be O/R only. Well some states anyway, others I think everyone is too scared too, like In California.

I couldn't find a shop to do it for under 200 in cincinnati so I gave up and did it myself. That passenger bolt if your car has some miles on it is a PAIN in the ass. That is the reason I joined this forum trying to get tips on how to get that PIA off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts