Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
We do them at my job there pretty complicated i don't touch them lol they have there own computer and stuff an have to bypass a punch of things I guess

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Adogg said:
We do them at my job there pretty complicated i don't touch them lol they have there own computer and stuff an have to bypass a punch of things I guess
Oh so I should get it professionally done?

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Adogg said:
How much do you charge so I have an idea how much it goes for

·
Registered
809 Posts
I did a bunch of research on this a while back because I always put a viper or equivalent alarm in my cars. I had my first car ever broken into and whoever attempted to Hotwire it. If it hasn't been for the starter disable it would have been gone for sure.

Back on topic......

Long story short, people are having trouble finding accurate and up to date information on the wiring schematic of the new mustangs. I know for a fact that there are new stangs with alarms so the info is out there somewhere. Basically, almost everything will wire to the junction box in the passenger kick panel. You will need to tap into multiple wires and be confidant in doing so. The install is not an easy task but doable if your wire savy, have the tools, time, and patience. I found a video of a mustang install I will try to find again for you to look at. It took the pro's like 5 hours I think so it would be an all day job for sure. If you decide that it's not worth the hassle then I would expect to pay near 200 for a pro install. Be sure to do your research tho, if u call a place and they are like "yea, we can do your mustang or any car" then they haven't done the research, PASS.

I'll look for that video for ya.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
It depends on what kind of starter if it is a two way or not but we charge around 100 to 150 bucks Iam pretty sure If ur going to get one make sure it is a two cause it will send a signal back to the remote so u know it started or not

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I did a bunch of research on this a while back because I always put a viper or equivalent alarm in my cars. I had my first car ever broken into and whoever attempted to Hotwire it. If it hasn't been for the starter disable it would have been gone for sure.

Back on topic......

Long story short, people are having trouble finding accurate and up to date information on the wiring schematic of the new mustangs. I know for a fact that there are new stangs with alarms so the info is out there somewhere. Basically, almost everything will wire to the junction box in the passenger kick panel. You will need to tap into multiple wires and be confidant in doing so. The install is not an easy task but doable if your wire savy, have the tools, time, and patience. I found a video of a mustang install I will try to find again for you to look at. It took the pro's like 5 hours I think so it would be an all day job for sure. If you decide that it's not worth the hassle then I would expect to pay near 200 for a pro install. Be sure to do your research tho, if u call a place and they are like "yea, we can do your mustang or any car" then they haven't done the research, PASS.

I'll look for that video for ya.
Good luck
Copy and paste this into your web browser for the factory wiring schematics (and repair manuals):

C:\Ford\Mustang\Service Manuals\Ford Service Manuals_grounds - Wiring Diagrams.mht

·
Registered
809 Posts
this is not the video but it is still a good one. the install is on a 2008 mustang but if you watch this it will give you a good idea of what to expect. I would also highly recommend the posi-tap connectors as you could install/uninstall without having to hack up your wiring harness. I have used posi-lock (maker of posi-tap) products manny times for a number of applications and have had great luck with them, just use some electrical tape on the barrels to ensure you have no issues years down the line.

here is a link for the video:Ford Mustang Viper 5900 Car Alarm Installation - YouTube

and one for posi-lock: Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
NicholasP said:
Seriously?!?! Why?!
First of all, if it's not a ford product then that's why, second is because a remote starter has to bypass a few safety protocols to start the car without the key or drive in the car, and thirdly because ford are dicks and want you to buy their stuff only and install it by them only lol

You can buy a remote starter that came off a ford vehicle and have ford install it and ur warranty will be intact.

·
Registered
984 Posts
NicholasP said:
How hard would it be to install a remote start on an 11+?
All new cars should come standard with remote start in my opinion it's complicated but I paid total of about 700 for all the bells an whistles (sensors)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Charlie_santos said:
First of all, if it's not a ford product then that's why, second is because a remote starter has to bypass a few safety protocols to start the car without the key or drive in the car, and thirdly because ford are dicks and want you to buy their stuff only and install it by them only lol

You can buy a remote starter that came off a ford vehicle and have ford install it and ur warranty will be intact.
Wait so it will void the whole power terrain warranty? That's just ridiculous!!!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Terminator said:
All new cars should come standard with remote start in my opinion it's complicated but I paid total of about 700 for all the bells an whistles (sensors)
Lol what's your reasoning for this?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Google the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Federal law says that they cannot void the warranty unless the aftermarket part is directly responsible for the failure.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
thejohncarlson said:
Google the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Federal law says that they cannot void the warranty unless the aftermarket part is directly responsible for the failure.
Yea I've used that when I get my car serviced ford wanted to void my warranty for my headers, xpipe, and Cai

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
thejohncarlson said:
Cutting the main computer harness tends to affect most parts of a car

1 - 20 of 24 Posts