Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to put an EFI engine into a car originally equipped with a carbed engine? i talkin complete engine swap, not converting the carbed engine to FI. i know a guy with a working, complete 99 GT engine for sale for $450 :shock: :shock: i think it would be cool to put it in my mustang, i have NEVER seen a 1st gen w/ a mod motor in it. i'd get major cool points at shows

·
Registered
44 Posts
thats swaps been done hundreds of times. CJ Pony Parts has a whole bunch of stuff for an EFI swap... hope that helps

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have never ever ever seen a 1st generation mustang with a modular motor in it. i know lots of people do them in foxes or 1st gens with fox engines, but no 1st gens with mod engines.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!

thatd be one sick ass stang you would have. make it a mod 4.6 with some kind of forced induction, possibly a procharger or vortech. then send your car to paint and get those flames put on, then some nice fatties in the back. yeah but youd need everything for that engine like a new efi fuel pump, all the electronics would prooly be a real biaotch to do but it would be worth it in the end.

DO IT!

·
Registered
44 Posts
not sure what which one it was in, but not to long ago Mustang Monthly had an article in it about the swap and had alot of nice pictures to go with it. Had stuff ranging from early 90 302's to 03 Cobra motors. Ill see if i can find it. It a great swap though, a real eye catcher at shows.

·
Registered
44 Posts
TbirdMan91169 said:
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!

thatd be one sick ass stang you would have. make it a mod 4.6 with some kind of forced induction, possibly a procharger or vortech. then send your car to paint and get those flames put on, then some nice fatties in the back. yeah but youd need everything for that engine like a new efi fuel pump, all the electronics would prooly be a real biaotch to do but it would be worth it in the end.

DO IT!
if money isn't a concern, do it and mod the fucking hell out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well lets see you will need a donor car with engine, harness, Tranny. Manual adapters for the gauges, and a couple of industrial shoe horns. There is more but to lazy to think about it. it would be a cool but big project ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would be a lot of work. I had a 1999 4v cobra engine installed into my 1956 Thunderbird. The most difficult part was the steering collum. Some severe angles. We had to install a Fat Man front end w/coilovers and a rack and pinion.

·
11,873 Posts
candmforever said:
It would be a lot of work. I had a 1999 4v cobra engine installed into my 1956 Thunderbird. The most difficult part was the steering collum. Some severe angles. We had to install a Fat Man front end w/coilovers and a rack and pinion.
wow a 99 Cobra engine in a 1956 Thunderbird. I bet that was interesting

·
Registered
8 Posts
The car is not done yet (Paint & Body), but it is fun to drive. A 5-speed was also installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to fit a 5.4 lightning engine, but it was just too tall. I did not want to cut the hood.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Sorry, I'm old school here. When I start doing my 67 I want it to be carb. Old engines are just more "show-ie" than new engines are. Less wires. ;)

Here's the gallery on my old 1967 Notchback. I would be working on it right now, it's just there is a lack of space and cash to do a full restoration at the moment. But, don't worry. It'll get done. I'm planning for a 351C stroked to 428! :headbang:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3119&ppuser=2405

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dom, I am gonna start building a 351w stroker, I am gonna go 408 instead of 428 b/c the 428 isn't very streetable, if you plan on driving on the street often.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts