Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at two kits from eibach. My main question is what kit will work with my 17x9 with 275/40R17? I want handling and dont care about ride, Im planning on do autocross and drag racing a lot more this summer and I only drive about 5 miles in a day so I can live with bad ride quality.

Heres the kits:
1994-04 Mustang Eibach Pro-System Plus Suspension Kit at LRS - Free Shipping!
1994-04 Mustang Eibach Sport System Plus Lowering Spring Shock And Swaybar Kit at LRS - Free Shipping!

I will also be getting new quad shocks, upper and lower rear control arms and caster camber plates.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the eibach sports line and the pro damper shocks and struts. It dropped nearly 2 inches and the ride quality sucks, but it's not that bad. It definitely handles like a sports car should now.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
pick one...auto cross...or drag racing...building a suspension is based on the sport you wish to compete...the setup you'd want for one is the opposite for the other...:good:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well sence there is no dragstrip around here Im going to say I want a more track type set up. Bastards shut down KCIR about 6 months after I got my car :(

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I really want to do the sport line one but I need to know if the front will work with 17x9 with 275/40r17.

·
Registered
315 Posts
And there was no tire contact to the fender?
No, I had 275/40/17 all the way around. It was on a 98 GT. I don't think that would make a difference. The only thing I didn't like was the front tire stuck out just a little too far from the fender. Made the back tires look skinny. I'd go wider in the back though, but other than that I never scrapped anywhere. Didn't matter what kind of incline I wet up or anything.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, I had 275/40/17 all the way around. It was on a 98 GT. I don't think that would make a difference. The only thing I didn't like was the front tire stuck out just a little too far from the fender. Made the back tires look skinny. I'd go wider in the back though, but other than that I never scrapped anywhere. Didn't matter what kind of incline I wet up or anything.
Okay thanks for the info!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would but thats a litte to much money for me right now. Does any one know wich kit is better for handling, the pro or sport kit?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
I would but thats a litte to much money for me right now. Does any one know wich kit is better for handling, the pro or sport kit?
The pro skit is a linear rate spring so it will have the same handling aspects all the way through a corner, the sport kit is progressive rate so it gets stiffer the more it compresses. For the best handling I would go with the pro kit. I haven't looked at the specs in a while pout the pro kit should be stiffer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
MustangGt02 I don't know how set you are on the eibachs but check out the h&r super sports I just did them and personally I love them. They drop the front a little more then the back so you have that raked look which I am a fan of and they are progressive so they are actually very smooth for being a lowering spring.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MustangGt02 I don't know how set you are on the eibachs but check out the h&r super sports I just did them and personally I love them. They drop the front a little more then the back so you have that raked look which I am a fan of and they are progressive so they are actually very smooth for being a lowering spring.
I did look at them, I'm swayed to eibach cause of the kit that has shocks struts and sway bars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea I was looking into that kit but I ended up spending like 600 if I wanted the sway bars it woulda ran like 900 so it woulda only been like n extra 50 bucks. I just chose to spend the other 300 on a tuner ill get the sway bars later. Unless u track it the sway bars won't really make a huge difference so just depends on what you plan on doing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts