Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to drop but i want a height that would be the best for looks, performance and clearance? What do you guys recommend and personal experience will help.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
With springs if you're not satisfied with the drop you can't adjust it. With coils you can adjust it to you're heights liking and soften or stiffen the ride

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stiffness is not a a worry because if i go with springs am getting the shock adjustable.
I been looking at h&r but they seem too low but by far the sexiest.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Both are h&r on 19 inch wheels but the grass makes it seem slammed
Both of those pictures you posted look perfect for ride height if you're trying to increase handling. Assuming you're going to get aftermarket shocks/struts & Panhard bar, a setup like that will drastically make a difference in your Mustangs handling.

That being said, you're trying to improve cornering, right? If drag racing is your thing, then lowering springs are not what you're looking for. "Too low" depends more on what your goals are!

Shane

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both of those pictures you posted look perfect for ride height if you're trying to increase handling. Assuming you're going to get aftermarket shocks/struts & Panhard bar, a setup like that will drastically make a difference in your Mustangs handling.

That being said, you're trying to improve cornering, right? If drag racing is your thing, then lowering springs are not what you're looking for. "Too low" depends more on what your goals are!

Shane
Drag racing is not my priority even tho once a month i will do it. Do you guys have any offers for the h&r springs?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Check with your insurance company, to see what will be covered and what will not be. GEICO charged me a couple of dollars for adding the Ford Handling Package (because it lowered the car one inch).

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check with your insurance company, to see what will be covered and what will not be. GEICO charged me a couple of dollars for adding the Ford Handling Package (because it lowered the car one inch).
I have state farm and they are cool, lol i crash my bmw and they bought me aftermarket rims that got damage with a 295 tire. And i was close to slammed as well.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Drag racing is not my priority even tho once a month i will do it. Do you guys have any offers for the h&r springs?
McQueen,

We do have our MustangEvolution Forum Discount code for members with 50+ posts, that you can use on all of your future purchases with AM. You're obviously well ahead of that, so I'm assuming you already have the code? If not, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to hook you up!

Shane

·
Registered
325 Posts
I love my H&R SS's.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not really. Just pay attention to what you're doing and take it easy going over speed bumps. And I live in SC, pothole paradise.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts