Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, How many Ford Motor Company products do you own/ have in your family? Including, Lincoln and Mercury. What are your thoughts? Only If they are not a Mustang- we know about those, Like? Dislike? and anything you want to say about them, good, or bad?

For me just a Mustang.
My Mom has an 04 Lincoln Aviator- Pros: Nice powerful engine, smooth ride, audio system with nav, and Sirius/XM, Stylish car. Good resale value, Adjustable brake pedal and memory seats with heated and cooled seats.

Cons: The rubber molding around the door is coming off and rotting so the car smells like decaying rubber. Nasty. The leather is discoloring, Periodic Random problems and it's a bit useless for an SUV with the 3rd row seat. Gas Mileage is horrible. Glad Ford discontinued the car to be honest. Navigator is a much better car.

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
No other Fords in my family!
I'm the only one accept I have my 11 year old brother sold on Mustangs.

Mom has a Hyundai SUV
Hubs has a Blazer
Brother has a Silverado lol

My dad was a Chevy guy...

It's sad.

I will say that this is my third Ford. Two Mustangs and a Focus.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Have my mustang, a 99 expedition, 2000 ranger, 91 f150 4x4, and based on some technicality a Mazda with a bunch of ford stickers. I have the luxury of maintaining all these plus my zx.

The expedition has over 275000 miles on it and still runs likes champ.

My moms ranger has 180000 on it and still running strong.

My stepdads f150 has a straight 6 and is being a pita. It got a shoddy rebuild done to it and the shop screwed up.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Lalayla said:
Must admit that I liked that Focus too. Black hatchback with black wheels. I have to have a photo somewhere lol
I like the hatches, especially the saleens.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No other Fords in my family!
I'm the only one accept I have my 11 year old brother sold on Mustangs.

Mom has a Hyundai SUV
Hubs has a Blazer
Brother has a Silverado lol

My dad was a Chevy guy...

It's sad.

I will say that this is my third Ford. Two Mustangs and a Focus.
Wow.. Well you got a good excuse for the Chevy since your hubs works for them and your Dad was loyal. But the Hyundai ?? Where did that come from?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Have my mustang, a 99 expedition, 2000 ranger, 91 f150 4x4, and based on some technicality a Mazda with a bunch of ford stickers. I have the luxury of maintaining all these plus my zx.

My stepdads f150 has a straight 6 and is being a pita. It got a shoddy rebuild done to it and the shop screwed up.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Wow! The Mazda counts as most of us on here know the story. As well as Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, and how could we forget Volvo and even Hertz Rental Car at one point time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have 1 ford...my GT.

my other car is a g37

My mom has a Mercedes

My dad has a 2012 Ford Super Duty F-350
66 mustang
Hummer.... he would love to sell but I won't let him.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
So, I've got
My 2011 GT
2005 Expedition XLT 216,000 miles no major repairs
1989 Nissan 240sx drift machine
1993 Nissan 240sx rolling chassis

And I got my Kids Mom a 2011 F150 super crew 4X4.
She doesn't deserve it but my kids deserve nothing less!

·
Registered
595 Posts
2011 F-250 6.7 PSD FX4 4x4
2008 Fusion SE (Wife's car)
2005 Mustang GT

·
Registered
181 Posts
2000 7.3 power stroke crew cab 4x4 dually.
2008 6.4 stroker crew can 4x4 dually
2011 5.0
2005 gt
85 rolling chassis waiting on the driveline to be put in
09 civic and an 09 cobalt lol.
Doesn't include all the other fords we've had through out the years

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have my GT ( 2nd mustang and 5th Ford I've owned overall )
Wife drives a chevy impala ( getting her a ford very soon hopefully )
Dad has and F-350 and an F-150
Step mom has a focus
Mom has a focus
Grandfather has an F-150 and a Lincoln towncar for my grandmother
2 cuzins have mustangs and other aunts and uncles all have fords as well
We're one big ford family lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own my second 85 GT currently. My brother has had 2 87 rangers, my dad has had a 65 F100 he restored, and a 97 expedition and a bunch of other fords including a couple 7.3 diesels.

I am certainly a ford guy, and my dads expedition ran like a top. But I have seen a lot of fords with cracked dashes. Including my last mustang. And my dads expedition, and my brothers rangers. My current mustang has a brand new dash pad otherwise it would have a cracked one. Nobody builds a better interior than the Japanese. Not even the Germans in my opinion.

And I'll never own a GM after the government bail out.

I'm certainly a ford fan.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
sadly my Mustang is the only Ford
Other than that
2008 Infiniti G35
2004 Nissan 350z convertible
In a shop in Phoenix I have a Gasser frame and three practice engines that need to be bored

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
93slowstang said:

It wasn't a Saleen sadlv but the thing was a fun little toy.

99ford said:
Wow.. Well you got a good excuse for the Chevy since your hubs works for them and your Dad was loyal. But the Hyundai ?? Where did that come from?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Wow! The Mazda counts as most of us on here know the story. As well as Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, and how could we forget Volvo and even Hertz Rental Car at one point time.
My PopPop bought it for her! She did have a '95 Taurus that blew a trans line on the bad side of town by myself when I was 16 the night my lil bro was born. I don't think she has had a ford since. Lol

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
So far just me and my folks!.. My 2004 Mustang GT. Both my folks have Ford Windstars. And that is it!.. But their Motor Home does have the Ford V10 in it!.. My wife has a 05 Grand Prix...

My brother n law is the one with some cool cars!.. Though none of them are Fords!.. Lol '84 Grand National, '69 H/O, and a '69 GTO!..

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All cool cars. Love to hear the Ford stories. From what I gather Ford seems to have a ton of owner loyalty more so than GM, and Chrysler.

My Mom and I are definitely Ford people. She is more of a Lincoln fan than a Ford fan. She has expensive taste- actually, I think it has more to do with the fact her friends drive a lot of high end cars. (Her Lincoln is in the shop far less than those other cars.)

My Dad, dislikes Ford and makes an exception at the Mustang. I have noticed he is driving his Chevy less and less. Every chance he gets to drive my Moms Lincoln he takes it. Hmmm, I wonder if he is converting slowly.

I just wish Ford would do more with Lincoln, because it is every bit as nice as it's competition.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
99ford said:
All cool cars. Love to hear the Ford stories. From what I gather Ford seems to have a ton of owner loyalty more so than GM, and Chrysler.

My Mom and I are definitely Ford people. She is more of a Lincoln fan than a Ford fan. She has expensive taste- actually, I think it has more to do with the fact her friends drive a lot of high end cars. (Her Lincoln is in the shop far less than those other cars.)

My Dad, dislikes Ford and makes an exception at the Mustang. I have noticed he is driving his Chevy less and less. Every chance he gets to drive my Moms Lincoln he takes it. Hmmm, I wonder if he is converting slowly.

I just wish Ford would do more with Lincoln, because it is every bit as nice as it's competition.
I used to love GM!.. Then I got my Mustang and I don't plan on going back!..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts