111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To install the following:

FR Strut/Shocks
GT500 Strut Mounts
Pan hard bar
K-Springs
lcas and uca

Looking to get a quote if I end up not attempting it myself.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

FR Strut/Shocks
GT500 Strut Mounts
Pan hard bar
K-Springs
lcas and uca

Local shop for roughly what you are doing quoted me 6-7 hours. So roughly a little over 500 for them. Seemed fair to me, but honestly not sure.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts

FR Strut/Shocks
GT500 Strut Mounts
Pan hard bar
K-Springs
lcas and uca

If you have the time and tools, do it yourself bro. I installed my FR lowering Springs, UCA, LCA'S, Headers, Xpipe, catback system all myself and a buddie. It takes longer then a shop but at least I have the pleaser to know I DID THE WORK so I'm proud of myself at the end of the day

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
A buddy and I were able to do all of that, minus the UCA in about 4-5 hours, so I would say all of that may take about 5-6 hours. Like Charlie_santos said, I would try to do it yourself.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
If you have the time and tools, do it yourself bro. I installed my FR lowering Springs, UCA, LCA'S, Headers, Xpipe, catback system all myself and a buddie. It takes longer then a shop but at least I have the pleaser to know I DID THE WORK so I'm proud of myself at the end of the day
Are there any special tools? Or just jack stands and a good wrench set?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Are there any special tools? Or just jack stands and a good wrench set?
Not really some regular sockets, wrenches, if you have air tools that would speed things up by a lot, some liquid wrench it's like wd40 but better. Breaker bar, and torque wrench for the bolts to bring them back to spec bro

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really some regular sockets, wrenches, if you have air tools that would speed things up by a lot, some liquid wrench it's like wd40 but better. Breaker bar, and torque wrench for the bolts to bring them back to spec bro
Thanks for the info, I will definitely try it myself. Just need to borrow some tools. Do I need the spring compressor tool since I will be replace the shocks and struts as well?

I assume I will need to bring the car in for an alignment after all this?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will definitely try it myself. Just need to borrow some tools. Do I need the spring compressor tool since I will be replace the shocks and struts as well?

I assume I will need to bring the car in for an alignment after all this?
That spring compressor, and yea once done dont drive ur car unless your going to get an alignment or you could be eating up the tire tread

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I would take it to a shop and let them swap the spring for me, I wouldn't mess with a spring compressor, too much hassle and too much can go wrong. I've see a guy break his hand because the spring compressor broke. Aside from that do it yourself if you can

1 - 14 of 14 Posts