Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying a 1992 ford mustang gt but it already has 300,000 miles on I'm wondering if it is worth buying or not. everything is in Really good shape, the car runs well, it has a clean title, the Interior is perfect and is for sale for 5000 dollars. The engine and transmission haven't had major work done to them. I am wondering if it is a good deal and for how much longer would the car last? If you would buy it how much would you offer?
Thank you

Here are the images provided on the listing
Vehicle Window Car Motor vehicle Head restraint
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Worth? It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I’m not sure how old you are (yes that plays a part), but I personally wouldn‘t buy an unrestored vehicle with that many miles, for that price. I’m guessing many people might (for a restoration project), but for a daily driver, it’s a hard pass in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I’m not sure how old you are (yes that plays a part), but I personally wouldn‘t buy an unrestored vehicle with that many miles, for that price. I’m guessing many people might (for a restoration project), but for a daily driver, it’s a hard pass in my opinion.
I'm 17, I'm looking to restore it and make it a daily. I have experience working on cars, dirt bikes and engines. The lowest he will take is 3k. What should I look for?

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
I'm 17, I'm looking to restore it and make it a daily. I have experience working on cars, dirt bikes and engines. The lowest he will take is 3k. What should I look for?
If you’re good with 3k and have the funds, skills, and time to restore it, then Go for it.

·
Tech Advisor
56 Posts
If you’re good with 3k and have the funds, skills, and time to restore it, then Go for it.
I agree! Granted, might as well plan on rebuilding the whole car one step at a time, but it has obviously been well cared for to last that long!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with the above, but if you are looking to lower it and install new suspension components anyway than it shouldn't be a problem. The condition is everything, sometimes beaters with around 200k miles are completely worthless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts