Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Gosh I have probably read one thing on raising mpg on a classic and it wasn't significant enough for me to remember any of it. Maybe you could get a cold air intake on it?

·
Registered
509 Posts
5 speed trans. Let the trans do some of the work. And driving style to a large extent. Make sure everything is tuned right. Electronic ignition will help driveability as much if not more the fuel economy. Higher gear (lower number) helps highway economy. Taller tires have the same effect.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Do you think it might have been wise to ask about MPG before you actually bought your car?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yeah 5 speed tranny or AOD would help, but mainly on the highway. Getting 16 or 17 wheels would help, especially if it had 14's. If it's got a 4 barrel, make sure it's staged to where only the back 2 open when you punch it. MPG is certainly not a reason to get one, the reason is that they are simply badass.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Then it's up to you to choose if you want good gas mileage and have your car work a little harder just to hit 60 mph or use a little more gas to have an American classic perform the way it should

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would say it looks like a decent buy. Buy it and just keep the engine you have weather it's a 289 or 302. In time build the car up, and you'll be happy with what you'll make of it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts