Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an idiot - just getting that out of the way.

Can someone let me know how many bolts are holding in the front driver side turn signal assembly on a 97 mustang? I can only find 1, but after removing it, I still can't get the assembly off to replace the signal bulb.

Any help is appreciated - I can't take the shame of having some service guy replace my $4 bulb.

Thanks.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
its been a while since ive done that but i thought they just pull off. Theyre held in with plastic knobs kinda that pull out of their housing. Maybe im wrong, but thats what i remember.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
There is just one nut I think and then pull it out or pry on the stud with a wood handle or something but not to hard or you will break it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it out, thanks!

Now - the bulb is in and it lights, but it won't flash. The rear of the same side flashes (much faster than usual). The other side (front and rear) flash fine, normal speed.

This was the reason I wanted to replace the bulb in the first place (start with the smallest possible issue).

I figure if it was the flasher, the other side would have a problem too. And if it was a fuse, then the bulb wouldn't light at all. But of course I could be wrong.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts