Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered ASP's smog pump eliminator pulley bracket and Ford Racing's A/C eliminator pulley bracket from Summit, good price 127.00. My question is how much horsepower do you guys think this will free up?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad, have you done these mods? If so how much of a pain in the ass is it with deleting the A/C? I don't think the smog pump will be all that hard but the A/C has more hoses

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
McNassty said:
Not bad, have you done these mods? If so how much of a pain in the ass is it with deleting the A/C? I don't think the smog pump will be all that hard but the A/C has more hoses
No, I went short belt, which may free up a lol more

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Take them off and save them then, loosing that weight up front is a big part of the butt Dyno with this mod!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
If you know what blower you want you can make some calls and find out for sure about the brackets.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to do what you did and uninstall the A/C and smog pump and run with a shorter belt and just keep the brackets and pullies I ordered for when I do S/C

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
What size belt would I need to delete my ac? Well shorter belt and leave it all in for the summer =}.
99 Cobra

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know but a good way to tell is to take some twine and loop it around your pullies in the same way your belt is run and than take it off and measure it

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Good idea sir, I no so smart •]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts