Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
StangGt804 said:
So with 14 psi i can add 262 more horsepower already to the stock hp on the GT? How can i pull it at 14 psi???//
:search:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
14psi wont be to kind to the motor i dont think.... i wouldnt push it over 11

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
StangGt804 said:
So with 14 psi i can add 262 more horsepower already to the stock hp on the GT?
yes - supposedly, but it is also 262 more crank hp, not wheel hp

How can i pull it at 14 psi???//
forged rotating assembly, ported heads, new valve springs

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
StangGt804 said:
So with 14 psi i can add 262 more horsepower already to the stock hp on the GT? How can i pull it at 14 psi???//
Replace the pistons, rods, cams, rear end, tranny, axels, prolly the block, and fuel pump...that would be a good start. The engine might hold up for a little while at 14psi stock, but, you might as well start buying the internals once you get the charger because you will be destroying them eventually. If you get good grip on a hard launch, you will effectively give yourself reason to replace the tranny and/or rear end.

If you are going to drive it like a grandma, then you should be ok all the way around. If you are going to drive it like it is stolen, as it should be driven, you will break stuff with anything over 8-10 psi.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the 8.8 is good, but upgrading to 31 spline and getting an Eaton posi would be a good idea. I think he could do on the stock cams though.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Monkey said:
the 8.8 is good, but upgrading to 31 spline and getting an Eaton posi would be a good idea. I think he could do on the stock cams though.
The stock rearend is fine, but, if he has grip and does grip, it can go away in a hurry. The 03 cobras are breaking everything from the rear pumpkin, halfshafts, and axels when they get good grip after being modded. So, if the tranny doesn't go, and the engine doesn't blow, and you get grip, bad things could happen with that much power at the wheels (assuming about 420 hp at the wheels).

As for the cam, you are prolly right...but if you are replacing internals and have the engine apart, might as well replace that too. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I you put a kb on a GT with everything stock, its going to start to break if its over 8-10 psi???// Is that what your telling me!!??

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I say just get the cobra!!!!! It already comes with forged internalls!!! Then you can get a kenne bell and be pushing some serious hp!!!!

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
StangGt804 said:
So if I you put a kb on a GT with everything stock, its going to start to break if its over 8-10 psi???// Is that what your telling me!!??
If you drive the car hard to where the boost actually kicks in. The internals of the engine aren't forged. They are somewhat strong, but not nearly strong enough for high boost. The compression ratio is also a bit high for high boost.

Basically, you would need to fortify the internal components of the engine if you want to run a decent amount of boost on a stock GT. The stockers would suffice for a little while depending on your driving habbits, but it would just be a matter of time in my opinion.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sucks!! Why would they make a kb for stock GT's then?? How much would it cost to get all the internals replaced or w/e?? And where can I get it done at?

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
The superchargers will fit fine, it is just the parts that ford puts in the GTs. They don't use forged internals because that runs the cost of the car up. That is also the reason they don't use the T56 tranny on the GTs. They need to keep the costs down enough to make the car compete in the marketplace. If they didn't keep them down, you might see the camaro running the streets and mustang being retired.

As for where to get the parts, there are a ton of parts places. Steeda has a lot of what would need to be replaced. If I were you, I would talk to someone that would prolly know more than me and see what they think you would need to replace. Off the top of my head, I would say lower compression forged pistons and forged rods.

The better way to go about it I think, would be this. If you plan on spending around $4-5k on a supercharger, go ahead and just buy a new engine instead. Pick up a 99-02 GT used and put a new engine in with the money you save. You can pick up some killer crate engines from CoastHighPerformance.com. Their engines range from stroker 4.6L engines that would be a direct swap, all the way up to 400+ ci strokers. I know they have a 393 ci engine (The 351 windsor bored and stroked to 393 ci) that puts out between 400 and 500 hp naturally aspirated. These engines can be ordered completely prepped for power adders so you would have that option down the road. I don't remember the numbers off hand, but if you check out their site, you can prolly get an idea of what kind of horsepower you could drop into your car. Keep in mind though, the more HP you make, the stronger your drive line (tranny, clutch, axels, etc) need to be.

Well, I think I have rambled long enough for this message. :)

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
With a KB Id only run 9lb, maybe just 6lb until i had a new bottom end, unless you are looking to shoot out a rod.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Black95GT said:
With a KB Id only run 9lb, maybe just 6lb until i had a new bottom end, unless you are looking to shoot out a rod.
With enough boost, you might could get some good distance shooting out a rod or two as well. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KrazyPony said:
You Have To Buy A Damn Mustang First!
Im getting a car!! Trust me, why would I lie about buying a car??? :uhh: :uhh: :disgust: Ill prolly have one buy this weekend!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
dont count your eggs before your hatch your chickens or something. before I bought my evo, I was looking at buying a used corvette. I was even posting on the corvette forum and almost got in on a group buy for a part. But look what I drive now. Half the cylinders and awd instead of rwd. all i'm saying is buy the mustang first, and then research it on how to go faster. you obviously don't know what you're getting. you talk of getting an 03 cobra, and now you're talking of getting a GT.

find out what your insurance would be on those cars before you even buy one. I seriously doubt it is cheap... especially since the mustang GT is the #1 most expensive car to insure (based on an insurance website that polled all cars under $40k excluding bmw's and mercedes, etc) and since i doubt you are over 25yrs old, you might need to worry about insurance.. just a thought.

edit: in fact, if this thread didnt contain much technical information such as the rotating assembly or strength of rear end, etc, i would lock this thread. Stop posting asking us questions on what is the difference. if you want questions answered goto this linkright here and type in your search

·
Registered
131 Posts
Monkey said:
dont count your eggs before your hatch your chickens or something. before I bought my evo, I was looking at buying a used corvette. I was even posting on the corvette forum and almost got in on a group buy for a part. But look what I drive now. Half the cylinders and awd instead of rwd. all i'm saying is buy the mustang first, and then research it on how to go faster. you obviously don't know what you're getting. you talk of getting an 03 cobra, and now you're talking of getting a GT.

find out what your insurance would be on those cars before you even buy one. I seriously doubt it is cheap... especially since the mustang GT is the #1 most expensive car to insure (based on an insurance website that polled all cars under $40k excluding bmw's and mercedes, etc) and since i doubt you are over 25yrs old, you might need to worry about insurance.. just a thought.

edit: in fact, if this thread didnt contain much technical information such as the rotating assembly or strength of rear end, etc, i would lock this thread. Stop posting asking us questions on what is the difference. if you want questions answered goto this linkright here and type in your search
so true man!!! It seems like now I am not getting a cobra. Because of insurance issues and etc. but I am getting a GT by this weekend

Im just looking and researching on what stuff I could use for my car in advance!! theres nothing wrong with that

EDITED by monkey: don't write in all caps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts