Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
own a 99 v6stang and it runs 15.8 sofar. im really thinking of adding a custom superchip. but just wondering how much of improvment at the trak will it make? from 15.8 to wat?

$ BOOTS $

Attachments

·
I liek gramer
8,245 Posts
off topic, but for a signature, go to User CP -> upload signature and paste that link to your "Edit Profile" section. It will show up after every post of yours and you won't have to attach it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The chip wont add really and hp at all, what it will end up doing is raising the rev limiter and the govnor(?) if i have spelled something wrong red will correct me :)

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
ttpancakes said:
The chip wont add really and hp at all, what it will end up doing is raising the rev limiter and the govnor(?) if i have spelled something wrong red will correct me :)
actually it will if you get a 92 octane tune it will add a few rwhp

·
Registered
297 Posts
if you're getting an "off the shelf" chip then go ahead and do what you have to do. However, if you're getting a special tune wait until you have all of your other mods completed and they will specially tune your chip for your car and you'll notice a world of difference. Well...maybe not a world of difference but the chip is my favorite mod.

For your original question don't expect too much off your 1/4 time with any one single mod unless you're talking big mods. Intakes are always a good first mod though.

01mineralgrey6: barking third in a v6 stang, good for you! :good:

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
99'sleeper said:
own a 99 v6stang and it runs 15.8 sofar. im really thinking of adding a custom superchip. but just wondering how much of improvment at the trak will it make? from 15.8 to wat?

$ BOOTS $
Personally I would hold off on the chip because a chip will run you close to $400. A good one anyways, and then if you do more mods you're going to need your chipped re-programmed for the new mods. Just wait till you need a chip before you fork over the big bucks. That's what I think.

·
Registered
297 Posts
97Stallion said:
Personally I would hold off on the chip because a chip will run you close to $400. A good one anyways, and then if you do more mods you're going to need your chipped re-programmed for the new mods. Just wait till you need a chip before you fork over the big bucks. That's what I think.
But when you do buy it, buy it from this guy, hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Actually right now I'm workingon getting SCT chips in the inventory, so ya!! My dealer will be the best guy possible.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
97Stallion said:
Actually right now I'm workingon getting SCT chips in the inventory, so ya!! My dealer will be the best guy possible.
I hope it is what we talked about... :D
He's the best combination of fast delivery
and best HP AFAIK.

I'm getting lots of cam interest Rob,
is my page up yet?

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
RGR said:
I hope it is what we talked about... :D
He's the best combination of fast delivery
and best HP AFAIK.

I'm getting lots of cam interest Rob,
is my page up yet?
Actually I was waiting for some more info, call me later tonight or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts