·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has stage 3 bullet custom ground cams

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Find out how much HP it has, then I would give a offer , but it's hard to but a price on modded mustangs , you never get back what you put into the car unless it's showroom statues but for it being a 96 mustang , 12k into it, IMO $5,500-$7,000

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

WhiteCobra94 said:
Find out how much HP it has, then I would give a offer , but it's hard to but a price on modded mustangs , you never get back what you put into the car unless it's showroom statues but for it being a 96 mustang , 12k into it, IMO $5,500-$7,000
There's a 1995 cobra , supercharged over 20k in mods and he's asking $9,000 for it !

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I'm trading my car he says he don't know the hp never dynoed it I have 5 k in my car I think after taking off the spoiler side exhaust and hood it will look good sell all of that and put it into paint maybe

·
Registered
341 Posts
2300turboford said:
I'm trading my car he says he don't know the hp never dynoed it I have 5 k in my car I think after taking off the spoiler side exhaust and hood it will look good sell all of that and put it into paint maybe
Ok so he never tuned it on a dyno? Then how is he running a stage 3 cam?? I dunno IMO I think this guy may be blowing smoke up the proverbial "tail pipe". I'd ask to see receipts for some of the stuff he's claiming. Not saying the car isnt good looking (minus the spoiler lol). I personally don't trust it but hey just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if it truely has what he claims i'd put it right around 300 hp...i mean it's not a huge build list, but it is a pi swap so the compression difference is nice, but something tells me his "prized" possession has been ragged hard. also he said it has a head problem...sadly we don't know if it's a gasket issue or a crack :/ and well that's something you need to consider having to fix right off the back.

also running no tune on a modular motor with those mods is a no no...after finishing my friends pi swap it needed a tune in a bad way lol.

finally i notice he has no idea what 3" drop springs look like because that's a 2" drop if anything..so makes me wonder what else he is confused on.

if i was off this weekend i'd be happy to come with you to look it over

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1slosix said:
if it truely has what he claims i'd put it right around 300 hp...i mean it's not a huge build list, but it is a pi swap so the compression difference is nice, but something tells me his "prized" possession has been ragged hard. also he said it has a head problem...sadly we don't know if it's a gasket issue or a crack :/ and well that's something you need to consider having to fix right off the back.

also running no tune on a modular motor with those mods is a no no...after finishing my friends pi swap it needed a tune in a bad way lol.

finally i notice he has no idea what 3" drop springs look like because that's a 2" drop if anything..so makes me wonder what else he is confused on.

Yeah I kinda had the same feeling but he lives very close so I will find out and I have a extra set of pi heads and I'm gonna ask him about the tune and is the 300 hp ques at the wheels ?

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

1slosix said:

And he said it sounds like a rocker arm issue (tick. I guess idk )

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has a bama tune Is that gonna work with stage 3 cams

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And im looking for an exhaust I think a h pipe and flow master 40s

·
Registered
341 Posts
2300turboford said:
It has a bama tune Is that gonna work with stage 3 cams
Bama will not tune for cams or FI.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
01bullitt said:
i think they may tune for cams on mild set ups
This guy has stage 3 Custom ground cams

·
Registered
341 Posts
01bullitt said:
i think they may tune for cams on mild set ups
Nah they definitely dont.Ive personally called and asked about a tune for some stage 1 N/A cams and they told me they can't tune for cams or SC or turbo. They do offer a tune for up to 100 shot nitrous though.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

2300turboford said:
This guy has stage 3 Custom ground cams
Not if he hasn't put it on a dyno he doesn't. a stage 3 would be way too aggressive to not be tuned.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Arron's racecar said:
Nah they definitely dont.Ive personally called and asked about a tune for some stage 1 N/A cams and they told me they can't tune for cams or SC or turbo. They do offer a tune for up to 100 shot nitrous though.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Not if he hasn't put it on a dyno he doesn't. a stage 3 would be way too aggressive to not be tuned.
It's a new set up I gonna have it dyno tuned if I get it

·
Registered
341 Posts
2300turboford said:
It's a new set up I gonna have it dyno tuned if I get it
Ok man I'm just looking out for you. Im simply suspicious of the car because he said it has a head problem and claims to have put in stage 3 cams with no dyno tune. My theory is that if he does indeed have stage 3's that's probably what is causing the head problem and they may be damaged from him running them without a proper tune.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arron's racecar said:
Ok man I'm just looking out for you. Im simply suspicious of the car because he said it has a head problem and claims to have put in stage 3 cams with no dyno tune. My theory is that if he does indeed have stage 3's that's probably what is causing the head problem and they may be damaged from him running them without a proper tune.
Thats what I'm thinking but I have a set of extra pi heads if there messed up

1 - 20 of 31 Posts