Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much lb ft and hp should I expect to gain with kooks 1 7/8 LTH, boss catted H w/ boss side dump exhaust, a Torq tune, Steeda CAI, and boss IM? I was told 500ish at the crank. I already have Borla mufflers. Thanks

·
Registered
9,537 Posts
They have a mustang dyno and are raising the rev limiter to 7300
Of they are only going to 7300 then you might as well not even have the boss mani.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

*if

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

76-7800 is where it really shines and you are using it to its advantage.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Spinning regularly to 7600-7800 rpms is a bit overkill to justify a manifold. I will shift my car right at 7000-7200 and it never wants to go straight at that rpm. I can only imagine alot of bolt ons and shifting that high must be crazy. My buddies procharged 5.0 is down right scary on the highway but I've never driven it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Spinning regularly to 7600-7800 rpms is a bit overkill to justify a manifold. I will shift my car right at 7000-7200 and it never wants to go straight at that rpm. I can only imagine alot of bolt ons and shifting that high must be crazy. My buddies procharged 5.0 is down right scary on the highway but I've never driven it.
My car with full suspension work and big wide beefy summer tires has zero issue staying straight through 7200ish RPM with 3.73 gears and I bet spinning to 7800 would be zero issue either.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have 4.10's and Boss man. with every bolt on I can get and it regularly see's 7600rpm and it loves it...! Once you hit 7 grand the Boss is a beast

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
And now she's done. Rev limiter is set to 7600. Stock power was 366 now 418 so 50 rwhp increase. Power is planted really well now. Night and day difference when cutouts flip open. I notice the CAI is always hot. It was 88 out and the inlet air never went below 100. Heats up real fast to 150 in stop and go traffic. The stock air box was A better cai than aftermarket, strange. I Didn't actually feel more powerful, I guess because of the heat soak and suspension?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
And now she's done. Rev limiter is set to 7600. Stock power was 366 now 418 so 50 rwhp increase. Power is planted really well now. Night and day difference when cutouts flip open. I notice the CAI is always hot. It was 88 out and the inlet air never went below 100. Heats up real fast to 150 in stop and go traffic. The stock air box was A better cai than aftermarket, strange. I Didn't actually feel more powerful, I guess because of the heat soak and suspension?
Very nice hp curve! I think most of those gains are boss intake and tune related, but if you match factory redline for the 2nd run there is a good 30+rwhp difference which is impressive. You immediately made more torque and you have a nice somewhat flat torque curve, but I'm suprised peak torque remained unchanged. If anything, the headers just made you peak rwtq sooner and kept a little more consistency over the curve. Either way, pretty cool for bolt on modifications.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts