Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in purchasing a 1965 Ford Mustang from a classified ad in the newspaper. The ad reads, "65 Mustang, 289, A-code, 4bbl auto, ac, good cond, runs xlnt. $4500." Is this a reasonable price? (I haven't been to see the car yet myself, but considering the seller is telling the truth and there truly are little repairs/it runs excellently...) Thanks!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It sounds good. A code is a base 4 bbl V8. Is it a coupe, conv. or 2+2. Its make a big difference in price. A excellent condition car is price from $5000 to 20,000. Get a independent appraiser to check it out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My cousin just sold her 1965 Red Mustang that had been fully restored, 289, to a collector for $14,000, I would say that this is a good price for the add as long as the car runs good and there isnt a huge amount of rust or bondo on the body. These cars are not very easy to find parts for and when you do there not very cheap so I would have a mechanic look at it before you bought it. Other than that if all checks out, GET IT! Mustangs are a american legend! They are beautiful and build Ford tough!

·
Registered
33 Posts
If there is no rust on the body and it actually runs excellent, then yes. If there is any rust, ANYWHERE, don't buy the car. The actual value of a 65 Mustang is whatever it is worth to you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Buy it. this sounds like a steal. Check it out well for rust, prior damage,look closely in the trunk under the mat, and the rear leaf spring perches. I'd rather the manual tranny, but would personally jump at this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts