Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the most PSI the stock enternals on a 4.6 2 valve can handle??

·
Registered
123 Posts
It would depend on the type of blower:centrifugal, roots, twin screw and then if it will be interor after cooled. then figure if you want to ****** the timing at all, etc.
I have been doing a lot of research on blowers and remember quite a bit of the articles. fill me in a little more on what typ of setup your thinkin.
unintercooled centrifugal safe-8psi
unintercooled roots or twinscrew-7psi at those psi you get same power out of all 3 designs
intercooled centrifugal-10-11psi
intercooled roots/twin screw 8-10psi
every degree of timing ****** costs about 3-4 HP but every psi of boost is good for 11-14HP so it is a trade-off.
both recommend 3.73 gears and not to rev engine over 6000rpm. Both will require about 92-94 octane but the more the better. Kenne Bell recommends putting 100 octane if taking it to the strip or even octane boosters.
Hope this answers some of your questions!

Ted

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have

i have a voretch centrifical v-2 s trim with 8-10 psi unintercooled.. it has been running like this for about 12,000 miles and no problems. . once i get my new job i am getting an aftercooler. timing and fuel is alreayd takin care of. right now i have a 3.63 inch pulley but when i buy the aftercooler it changes it to a 3.33 does anyone know about what that will change the psi to??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts