Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should I expect to pay for fixing my in-line 6 engine and add performance parts?

I have a 1966 mustang and i'm trying to keep the in-line 6 in it and I'm trying to put power steering in it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How much should I expect to pay for fixing my in-line 6 engine and add performance parts?

join a mustang club they'll direct you to what you need

·
Registered
23 Posts

it depends on whats wrong with the engiene and what quality parts you want to put on it

·
Registered
39 Posts

Sadly not too many performance parts were available for that little 170 cubic inch 6cyl. JC Whitney.com seems to be able to come up with unusual parts. Even though I haven't looked there personally for individual application. They do offer RV cams and headers and perhaps for your specific vehicle.

As far as power steering pup. Get on-line or eBay and look for the pump and bracket and steering gear from anything from a falcon to a mustang. However, that again is going to rob a little power off your engine as well.

Also perhaps www.edlebrock.com or www.holley,com these two are the leaders in performance parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts