Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out how much it should cost to install subframe connectors for my 97 mustang. Since they're weld-in, it's not something that leaves room for corrections later. Anyone have an idea as to what I should pay for this (full length Kenny Brown) AND/OR any place in NJ that you'd recommend?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The labor might run you more in Jersey, but I had my Steeda type welded in here in North Carolina for 40 dollars.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i had mine installed at a locally owned muffler shop. went up and talked to one of the guys doing the work. not the office dude. told him i would pay him $50 cash as a side job. he put it right up on the lift and welded away.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Don't forget, they need to be done on a drive on type lift, the wheels have to have the weight on them, or else it won't work properly. If you lift it any other way it will bend the body some and that will cause the subframe connectors to be welded in with things out of line.

·
Registered
941 Posts
wow, those prices are fair. in dallas, a well known muffler guy does them for 90$, but includes a free look over and tip alignment, go figure. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mine were done at a muffler shop too, they charge 40 an hour, and it took him about an hour, that is where the price came from, he did a real good job, he did a set on my v6 and on the GT.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well my muffler shop is Danny's in Fountain Inn just outside of Greenville SC and he is good and fast charges 40 an hr but got it done in 30 min because they know exactly what they are doing, that is also why it cost me so little to have mufflers and Hpipe installed. I would use no one else!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well, I think mine were the first set of subframe connectors this guy had ever done, and maybe the second, not sure on that, lol. He is good though, and not afraid to tackle all sorts of things. They have done a lot of suspension stuff for me that they had not done before, like rear control arms. This is Aim Mufflers in Burlington, their address and phone is listed in the Southeast area for North Carolina.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts