Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a convertible and I would also need a the left front fender replaced but I already have the fender part.

Thanks in advanced! Get answering!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Depending on the color and quality of the paint, a good paint job will be around $1,200 to $1,500. Many people do not take in account that paint color affects its price. Just to give you an idea, red is the most expensive color.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This depends how much you want to spend. Do you want the vehicle entirely stripping back to a bare shell and repainting inside and out? Or do you just want the exterior to look a bit pretty? Or do you want the exterior to look good for years to come? These are the questions you need to ask yourself. If you want a cheap fix it will be a cheap job but it will show it's a cheap paint job in a year or 2. If you're gonna keep the car ask around some quality bodyshops and compare prices. Take a look round their premises, do they look like they do high quality work? But best of all is ask family and friends who they would reccomend do the job. Who's had a car painted by who? And were they happy? That sort of thing.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
david c made a good point. i just bought 2 qts. of red for a '96 Tahoe i'm painting and paid $150 a qt. then when you add sealer and clear, you're looking at about $600 just for materials. then add for labor and the condition of your paint to start with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well i had my hummer custom painted for 950...i suggest you look up good body shops around you; if by chance you live in NY i would recommend Detailing Dynamics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts