Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Im thinking about buying a 2000 Mustang v6. It has 103k miles so not too many. The only problem was it was T-boned and has a salvage title. The car runs great and smooth, but you can tell the frame is still bent a bit because of the wear on the tires. We took it to a alignment guy but he never gave us an estimate. Guy wants $3000 for the car. So, anyone have estimates for this? Medium frame damage drivers side.

I have about $4000 to spend. And i know ill be replacing u-joints and tires a lot if its not repaired. So im thinking it will cost around $800-1000 to fix it? Any guesses? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That car is only worth $3k if it's in average condition etc. (as you describe) WITHOUT a salvage title.

Pass on this deal, If it's still has issues - you could wind up spending another $3000 to get it back into shape.

Uneven tire wear doesn't ALWAYS mean that the frame is still bent. A lot of things can cause uneven tire wear. Like I said, this car still has issues and was poorly repaired after the accident.

RUN AWAY as far as you can.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
there are frame shops around ya might check out. not alignment for the front end,but frame shops. they have a huge jig that they put the frame on and might be able to pull or bend it straight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The car was totalled (hence, the salvage title) because it would cost more to repair than the value of the car.

Keep shopping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Before you even think about buying this car to fix you need to verify that the car isn't bound by an NHS stipulation. If it is, the salvage title can never be switched back to a regular title. NHS stipulations are issued by states after inspecting a vehicle and determining that it cannot be repaired and made safe again. They are also issued on all Crash test vehicles used by the federal government for safety testing before the car is sold for scrap. NHS stands for "Not for Highway Service"

·
Registered
38 Posts
do you like headaches that's what you will have if you buy it. Stay away from salvaged vehicles , basically its junk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts