Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, to do this job you are talking in the region of 2 days work, a day to remove & a day to replace, if you get this done make sure you get the axillary belts changed ( ALL) i am not sure if the mustang is on a Belt or chain, if chain, no probs if belt, replace, then you have the oils,filters, coolant+ Antifreeze I would also replace Plugs,Fuel filter + all filters, I would also have the unit Dio tested & get a receipt for the work done for future reference. cost in the UK Just short of £500. $1000 unless you can take the ob on your self & save $$$$$$$$. Good Luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If the engine is for the same year, and is the same engine you should do it yourself. It will cost $200 for the lift, balancer, and chains. A Haynes manual will tell you what to do step by step. If you are changing a V-6 for a V-8 I would have it done, because there are some changes that are a little more difficult. The answer is yes you can change them out. Those engines are great too. I put one in a Thunderbird and it got 400 HP at the wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts