Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much money would i be into if i wanted to drop a 4.6L DOHC 4v crate engine into my 01 GT? What would the modifications be to put it in? I don't know much about engine swaps so any advice would be most helpful, thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
shsfresh87 said:
How much money would i be into if i wanted to drop a 4.6L DOHC 4v crate engine into my 01 GT? What would the modifications be to put it in? I don't know much about engine swaps so any advice would be most helpful, thanks
You will also need a new ECM and wiring harness for that motor. You might want to check on the transmission too. Idk if they will bolt right up or if you need anything for it. Also the heads are gigantic on the 4v and I don't know how everything is positioned in a 2v as far as air conditioning and fuse boxes and other misc stuff like that. You may need to reposition some things to make room. Good luck.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Subscribing, this has been on my agenda as well. And I thing the T-45 should fit the 4v, but I may need confirmation on that.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
32VNomad has a 2V to 4V swap thread in the stickies. That should answer a lot of your questions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts