Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about adding a supercharger to my stang. Its a '99' (GT) and has 87K babied miles. But miles are miles and its still 14+ years old. Any cons to adding a supercharger to an older car? Metal fatigue? Anything to be aware of? Thanks ahead of time. ( searched posts and couldn't find anything related )

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, is there any type of ratios to follow as far as adding bigger fuel injectors and fuel pump? less lbs of boost would mean smaller fuel injectors? or is it more of a standard size for each supercharger. Hopefully that question makes sense....

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Thanks, is there any type of ratios to follow as far as adding bigger fuel injectors and fuel pump? less lbs of boost would mean smaller fuel injectors? or is it more of a standard size for each supercharger. Hopefully that question makes sense....
My opinion is that every car will react different and it will be best to have it checked, installed and Dyno tuned by a reputable tuning shop

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i agree with that but I'm not the original owner of the car either so its hard to tell exactly what kind of miles its had. Since I've owned it I've babied it.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Once again maybe a stupid question, but since its a toy and never really driven in salt it sits all winter long, and with it being 14+ years old, one would think bushing, gaskets, and seals would begin to dry rot, possibly adding more strain from a supercharger add to the likely hood of blowing one of these? Was hoping for possibly a more technical answer than perhaps just the 'What matters is how well it was taken care of" answer, no disrespect.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Miles are just numbers and if you get compression and leak tests and if everything's good and it still feels strong then go for it! I have a 2000 GT with 103k miles that I'm gonna rebuild and boost later down the road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts