Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 5.0 with about 11,500 miles on it and have had a Brenspeed 91 tune on it for about 7000 of those miles and it has served me well in terms or being reliable. I "dog" on it pretty hard a lot and I have not had a single issue with it.

I am interested because I have an opportunity to bring it up to a dyno tomorrow and possibly get it tuned and I was just wondering how reliable would that be for a daily driver. I know those guys tend to max stuff out on the dyno and I don't really want that for a daily driver.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
They can tune it how you want, just like the mail tunes do. Bigger concerns are, have they tuned a lot of mustangs? Are you unhappy with your current tune? Why fix what works great!

Reason I mention the first question is because a shop down the street from me is well known for tuning...but on cameros. They almost never tune mustangs and have admitted they don't know them very well. I would never take my car there for tuning.

·
Banned
802 Posts
A dyno tune is only as good as the tuner. If they had no experience with the copperhead PCM's then stay clear.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm actually switch to a dyno tune this Thursday from bama. Shop is well know as a mustang specialty shop so that's the main reason. Should get the cr running perfect.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I have bama now and am getting a dyno tune this week

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 2013 5.0 with about 11,500 miles on it and have had a Brenspeed 91 tune on it for about 7000 of those miles and it has served me well in terms or being reliable. I "dog" on it pretty hard a lot and I have not had a single issue with it.

I am interested because I have an opportunity to bring it up to a dyno tomorrow and possibly get it tuned and I was just wondering how reliable would that be for a daily driver. I know those guys tend to max stuff out on the dyno and I don't really want that for a daily driver.
If nothing else, get your rear-wheel numbers and keep the current tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts