Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past couple months ive been getting some engine work done to my 02 GT ( i know it’s taken forever, the shops been on some bull**** lol) I bored the engine out .20, stroked it out to a 301, had forged internals installed and stage 3 cams. I was suppose to get it back in time to get it tuned but I won’t be able to since I get it back today and it goes to the body shop tomorrow morning. So my question is. How long am I able to drive with those mods and no tune before I **** something up?? Once I grab it I’ll obviously be driving it like a grandma to and from my place and the body shop.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
I wouldn't even start it without a startup tune loaded to it. Tow it if you can't even do that.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
If you have a tune written and loaded to it yes. You will need to get with your tuner to get that done. The handheld is just a communication device.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Towing it to get it tuned would be, I think, cheap insurance compared to having to tow it back somewhere to have the engine built again......:eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The tow will be cheaper then any other damage that happens before the tune, talk to the driver that tows you from your insurance and see if you can get him to tow it off the books on the low

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
The tow will be cheaper then any other damage that happens before the tune, talk to the driver that tows you from your insurance and see if you can get him to tow it off the books on the low

.....................:eek:as long as he is still covered with insurance when he does that......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well that's part of the excitement in racecar life, last time i had to tow my car i pulled the ground effects and bumpers so nothing was damaged

1 - 9 of 9 Posts