Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New to the forum and I have a 2014 mustang GT w/ Track package + 3.73 gears and also got a BAMA v2 race tune. I haven't had this much power in a car before but have raced before in other cars, so I know how to shift quickly. But in this car, unlike my previous cars, I cant catch traction! The car just wants to whip out all the time. Any tips on how to get the power down to the ground when racing without burning your tires off? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I basically have the same car.............also have a tune just not BAMA. I have gone with the 13/14 Shelby TrakPak staggered wheels, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar, LCA's, UCA with BMR carrier bushing, Sportline springs, aluminum 1 piece drive shaft, Blowfish shifter mount w/driveline hoop, and Whiteline tranmission mount stiffener. I have not used the relocation brackets currently as with my setup I don't see a need.
I've got 285x35x20's with F1s in the rear..................from a roll the Mustang hooks pretty good but does spin the rear tires until the top of 1st....the car goes straight as a dime.............., then when you hit second it breaks loose but just goes straight................it doesn't kick the rear end out to the left or right....just goes straight as a dime. One thing I did do with my adjustable LCA's was to slightly pre-load them.
If you don't have much drag racing experience I wouldn't suggest this as you can change the geometry of the suspension and get yourself in trouble real quickly.
So, with that said I really need some slicks/street radials and I'm pretty sure I could cut the spinning. At that point I may or may not need the relocation brackets.
So, to really hook you will need to work on the rear suspension and buy some sticky tires.........................If I had it to do again I'd start with the UCA and carrier bushing.............and go from there.....IMHO

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have some Sr lowering springs and an adjustable panhandle bar. I have been trying to get some michillen pilot super sports, since the stock perrelies will be gone soon. So seems like mostly suspension work and tires needed. Should I be feathering the clutch and throttle? Would that be bad for the clutch?

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I already have some Sr lowering springs and an adjustable panhandle bar. I have been trying to get some michillen pilot super sports, since the stock perrelies will be gone soon. So seems like mostly suspension work and tires needed. Should I be feathering the clutch and throttle? Would that be bad for the clutch?
You need some slicks/drag radials..........the Michelin's aren't going to help much.
Yes, you can feather the clutch............just be prepared to replace it soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts