Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
pretty much the only way...and from what i hear you really need them on '05+..in 99-04 you can rip them out by hand but i keep hearing horror stories by doing this on that body

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm installing drag springs on my car and I live in a small town so I don't have acces to a spring compresser. How can I compress them without a spring compresser
O'Reillys rents them or order online. Even if you get the old ones out without getting injured, you need one to install the new springs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Buy a spring compressor as for the rear springs the rearend needs to be lowered. After the spring change in the front a realignment Will need to be done unless you got lots of money for tires :(
He wouldn't need a spring compressor for the rear if hr jacks up the whole car.... Just unbolt the lower rear shocks and the rear springs will drop out.... He will need Compressor for the front

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah I should have worded that better thats what I was getting to he also has to unbolt the rear sway bar then good to go :)
All good man ?...Yea I forgot to mention that.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

All good man ddc4d...Yea I forgot to mention that.
:)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'm installing drag springs on my car and I live in a small town so I don't have acces to a spring compresser. How can I compress them without a spring compresser
Spring compressors are super cheap to buy or rent.

Additionally, using an air wrench or cordless impact wrench saves you literally HOURS. lol.

It is ridiculously easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts