Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JLT cai and someone have me a k&n cai cleaning kit. Can I use it? I'm assuming it works the same way I just want to make sure. If not, how should I clean it?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Humm, I wouldn't use WD40. Personally, I don't clean mine. I toss em out and get a new one. But I know a lot of people like to get the most from their money.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
The kit ain't but 12$ @ my nearest store for the k&n cleaner. I spray mine from inside out with low pressure water hose, let it dry then oil it & let it set all night. Put her back in in the AM

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I guess another reason why I just replace mine is due to the salty climate I live in on the coastline. The filter gets rust pits on the mesh, which is also one of the reasons why I painted my heat shield and intake tube.

I do have a "drop in" K&N in my F-150 and I do use the recharge kit for that bugger. :D

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
primer2tone said:
I guess another reason why I just replace mine is due to the salty climate I live in on the coastline. The filter gets rust pits on the mesh, which is also one of the reasons why I painted my heat shield and intake tube.

I do have a "drop in" K&N in my F-150 and I do use the recharge kit for that bugger. :D
Good reasoning

·
Registered
472 Posts
Atrav83 said:
Us K&N filter cleaner I use it on mine and it work perfectly
Does that cleaner involve oil? Where did u get it and for how much? Mine right now looks a bit dirty but I want to do it the fastest way.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts